“Great daytime atmosphere”

7 Monks Taproom
Ranked #22 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're a dynamic craft beer bar with an ever-evolving draft list with 46 draft options. We offer local food, local people, & a local experience. Children are welcome before 9pm. Full-service bar.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband & I recently got around to visiting for lunch. The pizza was impressive & a nice compliment to the wide variety of brews!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent selection of beer. While the service was timely and very friendly, we were disappointed in the staff's ability to find a wheat based hefeweissen type beer. We were happy with the beers that were suggested to us, but after perusing the beer menu at home, we found a Snow Wheat from Shorts that would have been a good hefeweissen. That gives us another reason to go back to 7Monks!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the best late-night beer-bar in Traverse City. I love the vast-array of beers they have and have found myself here many-nights of the week when I have no other plans. Would highly recommend! I personally have never tried any of the food, FYI.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love this place! Every time I am in town I always love to stop in for a beer because they have a fantastic selection. The bartenders/servers are knowledgeable and the ambiance is very cool. They have old barrels as decor. Can't say enough about this place!

1  Thank kikikarpus
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Another couple along with my wife and I went here after a show at the State Theater during Restaurant Week.

I found that whoever designed their Restaurant Week menu evidently enjoyed the interplay of different tastes that makes eating out fun. I had their Bamberg Onion and the Five-Spice flavored Scallops. Both were done impeccably, with the boar-stuffed onion with a beer reduction sauce starting out a very flavorful meal. The seared scallops had a sweetness that complemented the aromatic five-spice coating and the sides of the sweet Yukon Gold Puree and bitter sauteed Collard Greens added depth to the flavors. All this was topped off with a chocolate stout cake that had great complexity (and went well with the sea-salt and caramel ice cream).

This left me wanting to visit again to see if their everyday cooking was done as well.

1  Thank Gerald W