“Fantastic Beer Bar”

7 Monks Taproom
Ranked #20 of 298 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We're a dynamic craft beer bar with an ever-evolving draft list with 46 draft options. We offer local food, local people, & a local experience. Children are welcome before 9pm. Full-service bar.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fantastic Beer Bar”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love this place! Every time I am in town I always love to stop in for a beer because they have a fantastic selection. The bartenders/servers are knowledgeable and the ambiance is very cool. They have old barrels as decor. Can't say enough about this place!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kikikarpus

Frankfort, Michigan
“The Love of Food Mirrors Their Love of Beer”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Another couple along with my wife and I went here after a show at the State Theater during Restaurant Week.

I found that whoever designed their Restaurant Week menu evidently enjoyed the interplay of different tastes that makes eating out fun. I had their Bamberg Onion and the Five-Spice flavored Scallops. Both were done impeccably, with the boar-stuffed onion with a beer reduction sauce starting out a very flavorful meal. The seared scallops had a sweetness that complemented the aromatic five-spice coating and the sides of the sweet Yukon Gold Puree and bitter sauteed Collard Greens added depth to the flavors. All this was topped off with a chocolate stout cake that had great complexity (and went well with the sea-salt and caramel ice cream).

This left me wanting to visit again to see if their everyday cooking was done as well.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gerald W
Newaygo, Michigan
“Great beer and food but a tad pricey”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

You can't argue with the beer list. Quality brews served by people that understand them and make recomendations on pairing with foods that you are ordering. The food was very good. Kristie never eats everything and she devoured her chicken salad and soup. My steak nachos were very tasty. Not a huge menu and a bit on the pricey side. My nachos were $12.50 and so is a burger. Love the place for beers though.

Michigan
“Just okay for us”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went here for dinner. I was not impressed with the food but the beer was good. I would probably go elsewhere in the future.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank LavaCrawler
Naubinway, Michigan
“Great Find”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I wanted to try a new restaurant in Traverse City and boy, did we find a good one! The atmosphere is cozy & comfortable with low lights but not too low you can't see your food. The waitstaff arrived at our table and began to describe some of the more than fifty beers on tap! Not being a true beer drinker, I asked for a a recommendation based on the kind I prefer and received a sample. There is a wide price range on the beers and they also have many different kinds of bottled beer. The food menu was wonderful, different type items such as the pumpkin pizza which I had. It was very unusual and delicious. My husband and I will definitely return the next time we are in Traverse City.

• Visited January 2013