“Good economy hotel in traverse city”

Red Roof Inn Traverse City
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Hey, it's a motel 6, but I have stayed in holiday inns that were not this nice. Location is very convenient. It is located near the TC campsite with the bay and beach just across the street. Behind the hotel is the TART bike/running trail, so if you have a bike, you can take it wherever. Hotel also feature an indoor pool/ hot tub. Rooms are clean. Free Internet. Lots of families stay here. If you plan to visit on a summer weekend, make sure you make a reservation well in advance. It was sold out while I was there. I have stayed at this place several times and will do so again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ciahasher

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hotel is really not bad for the price. Rooms clean but small. It's located near the beach and restaurants. Casino near by for adult fun!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KISHMOO
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We chose this Motel based on the price and location (and for the pool for our 4 year old). After reading some bad reviews on here we were a little worried but we paid less than $80 for two nights so we were not expecting much.

MUCH to our surprise, The room was newly repainted (as were the hallways and pool room), our room had newer carpet, our room was VERY clean and the beds were super comfy, with fluffy pillows and Super Soft sheets. Even though this Motel does NOT offer breakfast, with the money you save you can easily find something near by. There is a Mexican Restaurant (Red Mesa) two doors away and the food is AMAZING!

This Hotel is a great deal, the service was great, the room/ grounds/ and pool were VERY clean and we WILL be back. Great Vacation stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MeoKitten
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. They gave me a room next to the door which was nice for taking the dog in and out, but it reeked of smoke.
It was like being in a casino or smoky bar. So much for a non-smoking room. Ashes between the window and screen where someone was smoking. I asked for some kind of spray, but they had none.
Back security door was broken so anyone could walk right in, not that I felt unsafe in Traverse City.
Trash can right outside door was full our entire 3 days.
Pool and hot tub were warm but there was a mold problem on walls and ceiling. Paint chipped and just generally old and warn down. We enjoyed it nonetheless.
Very noisy in the room, you could easily hear people talking in hallway and people walking above us.
The price was ok and it served its purpose as a place to sleep. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you want to spend time in your room but the beds were fine. TV was maybe 20" with half of the channels fuzzy, and we didn't get the advertised HBO.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We stayed two nights in this hotel and were very happy with our stay. The rooms were clean, quiet and spacious. Our bathroom was large, clean, and well-kept. The pillows on the beds were fluffy and not those pancake-type flat pillows. There is a tasty restaurant right beside it that has Tex-Mex food and we enjoyed eating there. Breakfast options in Traverse City in general are a little hard to come by but we managed. We would definitely recommend this Motel 6 to anyone going to Traverse City.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aloha800
Reviewed September 26, 2010

This motel was very uncleanly. When I entered my room there were men's dirty underwear hanging from the shower. The second room I went into had hair all over the bed. The owner was very unfriendly to me and hung up to me when I called him the next day with my complaints. The room was obviously not cleaned and the management was incredibly rude. I do not recommend this place and will never stay in this place again. I have never been to such a gross establishment with such rude service. I at least expect clean sheets without hair and no underwear hanging from the shower.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Michigan33
Reviewed March 4, 2010

My partner and I stayed here on a winter road trip. This was the off-season for Traverse City, so we got the room for ~$35/night, which was a steal! As far as I'm concerned, the Motel 6 had all the important bases covered: the room was clean and looked like the carpet and bedspreads had been replaced recently; it was convenient to downtown Traverse City; the nonsmoking section of the building is totally sealed off from the smoking section, so the rooms don't smell like crap; the front desk staff were helpful and attentive; and the hotel felt safe (lighted parking lot, always someone at the desk, locked exterior doors). Plus, they allow pets for no extra charge, which we discovered is the policy at all Motel 6's!

I have no idea how much this hotel costs in the on-season, but it was by far the cheapest motel we booked throughout our entire winter tour of northern Michigan--and also by far the nicest. It would have been a good deal even at $65 (which is what we had to pay for a far junkier room at the Econo Lodge the following night).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple