“Great Atmosphere and Tasty Beverages”
Review of Brew

Brew
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Brew is an independent cafe and coffeehouse located at 108 E Front Street in Traverse City, Michigan. Brew offers customers a wide variety of delicious beverages, including coffee, tea, espresso drinks, microbrews, local wines, and seasonal drinks, along with pastries, grilled sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free menu options.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stopped here after a rainy day of wine touring. They had a small selection of food and some tasty desserts as well a wonderful and frothy chai tea latte. We enjoyed sitting right in the window at the small bar seats and watching the people on the street. We will definitely stop in again on our next trip to TC.

1  Thank Sue B

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I would hang out here if I lived in Traverse City. Service wasn't very fast, but was worth the wait.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a late breakfast and coffee while in town on business. Nice little place. It was quiet and the latte came up quickly and was really great. The bagel with lox was also very good. They didn't put an inch of cream cheese on it which was nice. I would definately reccommend this place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently moved to Traverse City and have been steadily checking out all the independently-owned restaurants. Brew looks like such a cool place from the outside that I was eager to check it out.

And Brew IS cool. The place is long and narrow, dimly lit, with lots of wood and artsy decor. It reminds me of a casual/chic Greenwich Village cafe. There are shelves and stools in the two front windows overlooking Front Street where people work on their laptops. The rest is casual tables and seating. At the front counter is a small bakery case with the typical muffins, scones, etc.

Brew stands for both coffee and beer. Since I'm not a fan other either, I paid more attention to the food. The menu is the typical cafe/coffee shop fare: sandwiches, soups, wraps, salads, etc. They serve breakfast all day: breakfast sandwiches and wraps, oatmeal with toppings, etc.

We each ordered a breakfast sandwich and muffin. They were good. Not great. But good. The "brew"ito was scrambled eggs with roasted peppers, spinach, pepperjack cheese and (really limp) bacon in a wrap served with salsa and sour cream. The bagel sandwich was pretty much what you'd expect. Our muffins were huge and...well, honestly, they were really dry with tons of frosting trying to make up for it. And I must confess, we thought our bill for two average sandwiches and dry muffins was pretty high.

The place was packed and I immediately noticed that we were easily the oldest people there (age 50). Although the service was very friendly and no one made us feel out of place, Brew is clearly a hangout for twenty-somethings. And that is great. So I'd recommend heartily it for young whippersnappers looking for a cool, casual atmosphere and to meet people. ;) But it really wasn't the creative, delicious food that appeals to us.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place is always busy! It's a home away kind of place: you can go there and hang with your tablet or laptop, drink fine coffee, and eat good food. It's definitely a place for young adults--not so much kids or teenagers are there. Plenty of table space, but it is almost always filled, and it's been that way for about a year now. Open at 7 AM until later at night, so good for a snack before or after you go to an event at the Opera House. Friendly atmosphere, clean and reasonably priced.