I wanted to book a property right on the beach so we had a "home base" just steps away. We are 4 - 5 star type of travelers but knowing there isn't that sort of property in Traverse City, based on reviews, this hotel seemed to fit the bill. And it exceeded our expectations. The room was large, clean and quiet. I paid for beach view and it was worth every penny. Every morning while my teenage kids slept, I read the paper, sipped my coffee and took in the beauty that is Lake Michigan. The kids that run the jet skis, paddle boards, etc --- are very friendly and helpful. The beach was cleaned every morning. The breakfast was par - not worth much as an added value - but it did exist. The only drawback and there is no solution - - the 4 days we were there - -- there were also SEVERAL groups of LARGE families. They were friendly and kind - but did tend to "take over" the breakfast area and areas of the beach. But, like I said, the hotel seemed to draw family reunions gatherings - so that's not a bad thing - just sometimes a tad overwhelming. What made our vacation so perfect - was the weather - 80 degrees and happy each and every single day. Can't beat that. My kids and I both agreed we would stay here again in a heartbeat!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel is situated on over 300' of the sugar sand beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay leading into the gorgeous waters of Lake Michigan and is as sweet as the name implies. Fully renovated in 2017, Sugar Beach Resort Hotel gives you the perfect location for local eateries, wineries, breweries and local shopping as well water sports right on the beach. The pillow-top mattresses ensure a great night’s rest and the view overlooking the bay while you enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast simply cannot be beat. Included in every guest room is a mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and personal safe. After a day on the town relax in our heated hot tub, take a dip in our indoor pool, or work off the day’s indulges in our fitness center. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Sugar Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Sugar Beach Traverse City