“Quiet, comfortable, a beautiful view...we loved!”

Sugar Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Houston-Tx
“Quiet, comfortable, a beautiful view...we loved!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

What we can expect from hotels like that: standard comfort, nice price, nice breakfast (all we need and a more!), friendly, nice area...and on.
We had a terrible night before and run from an &B in Sutton Bay to Traverse City. After a extraordinary dinner a wonderful night in a comfortable bed, bathroom, plus a nice breakfast. The beach was gorgeous!Thanks guys!

Room Tip: I am not going to go again to some B&B if I can have a clean, quiet, comfortable room and not pr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Celita Louback W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Fremont, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My two sisters and I all spent a "girls NIGHTS out" at this beautiful hotel. We just returned from a three day stay in Traverse City, MI. This hotel deserves a PLUS for being so accommodating and clean. We asked for extra towels and they were in our room when we arrived. The beach is beautiful, the scenery awesome. You can sit on your deck which has a table and chairs to eat or snack. The shower was wonderful and the pool is beautiful. The breakfast was also a plus and the fresh fruit bowl very healthy. Very polite and professional service by the staff. All I can say is, "I can't wait until my next visit to Sugar Beach Resort.". The old mission peninsula is breathtakingly beautiful and restaurants nearby are great.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of bay...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank redheadn1
Goodrich, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here this summer with my family. It has a great beach and the rooms were nice. They did have a washer and dryer which was a big plus! Rooms were spacious and because there were 6 of us they had a large enough family room with bunk beds for us. The kids loved the beach, the sand was clean and the kids loved renting the water trampoline! The line for the breakfast was a little crazy and over crowded.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MRLL11255
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Sugar Beach for a night...wished we'd have been able to stay longer ! The staff were very friendly, the room was so big, so roomy, and how much better does it get to be able to open your patio doors onto the beach on the bay !!! The continental breakfast was more than enough to start our day. Planning on going back next year and staying for a week !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank I_am_Nance
Haslett, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Sugar Beach is much like its twin the Grand Beach. It provides movies, a game room, a pool, beachfront, a fitness room, and a continental breakfast. I have always enjoyed taking walks on the beach and having breakfast in the second floor adjoining hallway. Overall its top-notch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Sugar Beach Resort was nice, but I was not happy with the cleanliness of the room. In particular, around the two person whirlpool tub - there were a few hairs and pieces of dirt, and it just wasn't up to my standard. (If it was in my house, I would have cleaned it better before allowing guests to see/use it!). Also, the handle for the tub drain kept falling off, and the water spout spewed water all over, it just needed a new screen or a cleaned screen to allow water to flow normally. The rest of the room was nice, but the TV, VCR/DVD combo, and CD clock radio were all older, generic branded, models. Considering the price, I would expect more up to date versions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family just returned from a short stay at Sugar Beach Resort. I was given the responsibility of booking six different hotels for a 10 day vacation to Michigan. This was the only hotel I was worried about. I was so surprised! Happily so.......

My family was assigned a room on the first floor. It was newly remolded, clean, and comfortable. The room was large and the beds were comfortable. It's conveniently located to evening activities such as Pirates Cove. We loved going over there for a round of mini golf and rope challenges. We were also able to use it as a base for other day trips such as Sleeping Bear Dines, the Mission Peninsula, and other really cool sites.

The breakfast was fine. It was not a fancy buffet, but it is included with the resort. There were enough choices for everyone in my family and no one complained about the selection. It is a very nice Continental Breakfast.

My children have never been to the Great Lakes, so they were very happy to run on the beach and play in the Lake. We found both to be very clean even though there were a lot of people enjoying the resort that week. It was cooler in the late afternoon, so the indoor pool and hot tub were an added bonus.

I would definitely recommend this resort to other people looking to a good location with clean comfortable rooms. It was a bit expensive - but it is the height of the tourist season.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family