My family just returned from a short stay at Sugar Beach Resort. I was given the responsibility of booking six different hotels for a 10 day vacation to Michigan. This was the only hotel I was worried about. I was so surprised! Happily so.......
My family was assigned a room on the first floor. It was newly remolded, clean, and comfortable. The room was large and the beds were comfortable. It's conveniently located to evening activities such as Pirates Cove. We loved going over there for a round of mini golf and rope challenges. We were also able to use it as a base for other day trips such as Sleeping Bear Dines, the Mission Peninsula, and other really cool sites.
The breakfast was fine. It was not a fancy buffet, but it is included with the resort. There were enough choices for everyone in my family and no one complained about the selection. It is a very nice Continental Breakfast.
My children have never been to the Great Lakes, so they were very happy to run on the beach and play in the Lake. We found both to be very clean even though there were a lot of people enjoying the resort that week. It was cooler in the late afternoon, so the indoor pool and hot tub were an added bonus.
I would definitely recommend this resort to other people looking to a good location with clean comfortable rooms. It was a bit expensive - but it is the height of the tourist season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel is situated on over 300' of the sugar sand beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay leading into the gorgeous waters of Lake Michigan and is as sweet as the name implies. Fully renovated in 2017, Sugar Beach Resort Hotel gives you the perfect location for local eateries, wineries, breweries and local shopping as well water sports right on the beach. The pillow-top mattresses ensure a great night’s rest and the view overlooking the bay while you enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast simply cannot be beat. Included in every guest room is a mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and personal safe. After a day on the town relax in our heated hot tub, take a dip in our indoor pool, or work off the day’s indulges in our fitness center. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Sugar Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Sugar Beach Traverse City