We stayed two nights at Sugar Beach and enjoyed the stay for the most part. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I loved being right on the beach. We didn't get up in time for breakfast.
I was very excited to see that adults only were allowed in the pool from 10:00 to 11:00 pm, as we were trying to spend some time without our own kids... We went down to the pool ready to sit in the hot tub until the families headed out. At 9:45, a couple dropped off 5 kids under 12 and took off. 10 o'clock came and went. At 10:20 a staff member came out and told the kids they had 5 more minutes. 10 minutes later the kids are still splashing and running around the pool. I went to the front desk and complained. I was VERY disappointed that then at 10:55, an employee came in and told the adults, who were finally able to relax and swim some laps, a five minute warning...
I may stay there again, but I will complain much louder and much more quickly were something similar to happen again... I was very disappointed with this experience. The staff were aware there was no adult with these kids and let them swim unsupervised. Not only is it annoying when a hotel disregards it's policies on adult swim time, but this was also hazardous for the children when a safety rule is broken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel is situated on over 300' of the sugar sand beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay leading into the gorgeous waters of Lake Michigan and is as sweet as the name implies. Fully renovated in 2017, Sugar Beach Resort Hotel gives you the perfect location for local eateries, wineries, breweries and local shopping as well water sports right on the beach. The pillow-top mattresses ensure a great night’s rest and the view overlooking the bay while you enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast simply cannot be beat. Included in every guest room is a mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and personal safe. After a day on the town relax in our heated hot tub, take a dip in our indoor pool, or work off the day’s indulges in our fitness center. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Sugar Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Sugar Beach Traverse City