WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Bay City
“state competitions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed there for the first time and we loved it! The rooms were clean, not overly warm as you could control the temp of your room and it actually worked!!!! The staff was kind and check in was fast. Great maned breakfast buffet with room. We will definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: While there there was a power outage. We were only on second floor so was easy to take stairs next t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Every time I come to the area (can be up to 3-4 x's/mos) I stay at your hotel. I have never had a bad experience and enjoy the location so much!. I have to travel anywhere from 1-2 hours north and south of the location for work purposes and, no matter the time I get back, (can be near midnight at times) I have always encountered friendly and helpful staff. All the ameneties have been very clean in my experiences. Thanks also for bringing back waffles!!

Good job to the staff at Sugar Beach!! I will continue to refer friends, family, and coworkers to also stay at your hotel

Room Tip: Have stayed in courtside and beach front. All have been very positive
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am so happy I chose the Sugar Beach Resort!! I am always looking for new places to visit and experience and this was by far one of the best! The rooms were amazingly clean and I consider myself a huge skeptic. The view was gorgeous, I stayed in a room that overlooked East Bay. The staff members were all great! From the gentleman who checked me in, the gal who attended the wonderful breakfast bar, the room attendant to the incredibly sweet gal who checked me out. They have the best staff!!! I will be back!

Room Tip: Call to make your reservation, they are so helpful!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Plainwell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed here with our children (11 and 17) on the beach view side of the resort. It was a fabulous view day and night, the swimming was great for the kids, and my husband and I curled up in a cabana and still had a good view on the kids. That evening a group got a volley ball game going on the beach and we watched (and were invited to join) from our balcony. We have visited the Traverse City area multiple times a year and it is always a pleasure. My pet peeve is rudeness and you won't find it here!

Room Tip: Of course beach view is the way to go- the sunsets are breathtaking!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived in town @ 6am after a very long day of traveling all the way from Florida. The hotel staff was nice enough to let us check in as the room wasnt occupied at the time so that we could catch up on our sleep before our day of adventure. The room was extremely clean just as it always is. This time though we got a bay view room (room 130) It was amazing!!! Woke up one morning to snow falling on the Bay. Pool and Jacuzzi were awesome and we loved that there are no kids after 10 pm allowed in those areas. Beds were amazingly comfortable and I just cant say enough good things about this hotel and their staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked into the Sugar Beach hotel for a brief stay in Traverse City. It is a beautiful place with views onto the beach for those lucky enough to book beach side rooms. The rooms are clean and spacious and breakfast is included.

Room Tip: book a beach view room. Ground floor rooms open up onto the beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kingsville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Sugar Beach Resort twice and the Grand Beach resort once...the beach is one of the best in the area, large, smooth with no grasses .... there are plenty of loungers and the water is very calm - you can walk for what seems like forever and be only knee deep...the Resort is clean, the location is wonderful and the service is good, especially the front desk who were friendly and knowledgeable...staff is great at keeping the beach clean and rake it every morning and replenish the towel lockers consistently...We preferred the rooms with a sofa as opposed to a jacuzzi as they are a little older in model and appearance...the views facing the beach were beautiful and I would really recommend getting a room that does not face the parking area, it is definitely worth the extra cost..we initially stayed on the bottom floor but realized that there isn't a lot of privacy for these rooms as there is no sheer curtain only solid so we moved up to the top floor - these bottom floor rooms are great for families that need to access their rooms frequently from the beach....breakfast buffet is pretty basic with no on site restaurants for dinner...highly recommend Amical and North Peak Brewing Company for dinner,...the Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive is absolutely gorgeous and definitely not to be missed...we also enjoyed the dune climb nearby.... leelanau states park has a hiking trail that looks like a scene out of the movie Twilight which opens up into a white sand beach with beautiful water that is secluded and breathtaking...wouldn't stay anywhere else in Traverse City!

Room Tip: choose a room facing the beach on the upper level if not travelling with children
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple