Stayed this past weekend with family in two adjacent 1st floor suites that were walk outs to beach. Our room (128) was ideal for 2 day stay. There was a nicely shaded porch with cafe and picnic-tables. Perfect for dining al fresco, overlooking the Bay. The room was clean with comfortable beds, modern, spotless bathroom, well equipped with lots of wardrobe space for storing belongings, small fridge, extra sink and hi-speed, "no fuss" instant wireless. The beach is raked frequently and was perfect for the little kids; soft reddish sand and water that is shallow to your knees at least 500 feet out. "Big kids" need to venture out further to be able to swim comfortably. Lots of rentable activities on beach (parasailing, jet skiing, etc.) and nearby, but mind, the water trampoline isn't free of charge (as we mistakenly thought) and you will be asked to vacate it if you don't pay. Note: the free breakfast draws the longest line-ups we have ever seen for a continental breakfast, so be prepared to wait during the busier seasons - although we think it could be avoided by re-thinking the order of items. The very popular pancake maker kept running out or needing to be fixed, and held up the whole queue for others behind; perhaps a separate queue for that item might move things along?
TC AREA: Lot's of restaurants to choose from within walking distance. Also, don't miss the downtown area of TC, there are some great coffee houses, restaurants, microbreweries, art galleries, shopping from mostly independently (non-chain store) businesses. Not a Starbucks in sight in downtown TC. Check out Sugarkissed for sweet treats and melt-in-your-mouth frozen yogurt, Brew for coffee and lunch, and Brilliant Books for great reading. If you want to experience delicious, authentic Italian food this side of the world, venture by car out to Trattoria Stella in Grand Traverse Commons, a former state hospital converted into upscale shops, restaurants, galleries and condos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel is situated on over 300 feet of the sugar sand beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay leading into the gorgeous waters of Lake Michigan and is as sweet as the name implies. Fully renovated in 2017, Sugar Beach Resort Hotel gives you the perfect location for local eateries, wineries, breweries and local shopping as well water sports right on the beach. The pillow-top mattresses ensure a great night’s rest and the view overlooking the bay while you enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast simply cannot be beat. After a day on the town relax in our heated hot tub, take a dip in our indoor pool, or work off the day’s indulges in our fitness center. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a spacious living room, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Sugar Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Sugar Beach Traverse City