Spent 5 nights recently at Traverse City in this resort with our family of 5 and had a great time. We had stayed years ago at the sister property to Sugar Beach and had a nice stay there, so we gave it a try. We had room 220, a family suite with double balcony overlooking the beach with a great view of the bay. Rooms were clean with no weird smells. We had a kitcheny area with fridge and microwave which is nice. There is an indoor pool and hot tub in case of bad weather, etc. Continental breakfast in a common room is busy but nice with a kids. I must say the rooms are pretty expensive, more than I have paid at oceanfront hotel rooms in the past.
Across the street there is a Ruby Tuesdays with good food, we did take out from there and had tasty ribs, etc. Also, would highly recommend Sleders, a tavern style restaurant in town (you must kiss the moose!). Do not miss a drive out on the Leelanau Peninsula, and a drive to Leland to see the historic Fishtown and fresh catch being brought in (get some smoked whitefish pate and a baguette at the stores). Sleeping Bear Dunes is gorgeous, take the Pierce Stocking Scenic drive and stop at the overlooks--Lake Michigan is wondrous! And if you can afford it, eat at the Boathouse, some of the best food I have ever had hands down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach Resort Hotel is situated on over 300' of the sugar sand beaches of East Grand Traverse Bay leading into the gorgeous waters of Lake Michigan and is as sweet as the name implies. Fully renovated in 2017, Sugar Beach Resort Hotel gives you the perfect location for local eateries, wineries, breweries and local shopping as well water sports right on the beach. The pillow-top mattresses ensure a great night’s rest and the view overlooking the bay while you enjoy a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast simply cannot be beat. Included in every guest room is a mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and personal safe. After a day on the town relax in our heated hot tub, take a dip in our indoor pool, or work off the day’s indulges in our fitness center. From larger suites that can accommodate up to 6 people comfortably, that includes a lovely leisure living area, to more intimate rooms with a king bed and a sofa; there is sure to be a room to fit your vacation or business trip needs. Welcome to Sugar Beach Resort Hotel where your search can end and your adventure can begin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Beach Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Traverse City
- Sugar Beach Traverse City