“Great place for eaters”
Review of Spaghetti Jim's Market & Cafe - CLOSED

Spaghetti Jim's Market & Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, housemade pasta served up the way you like it! Try our Spaghetti & Meatballs, Papardelle Bolognese, Eggplant Parmesan or any of our amazing made from scratch meals. Dine in, take out or take it home and make it yourself. We're not fine dining, we're just good eating. And... we cater! Menus change daily and are published on Spaghetti Jim's Facebook page or call us for today's mouth-watering specials!
Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you're looking for a typical, romantic Italian restaurant with great ambiance - this isn't your place. If you're looking for great food with huge portions at a great value -- this is your place.

Be prepared. They close at 7:00. They only have 4 tables. It's in the back of a strip mall. With a larger party, you have to either make a reservation to hold the large table which is in a room not separated from the kitchen - or get take out.

The portions are gigantic. This is a restaurant owned and ran by a guy who likes to eat. All the pasta is homemade, its very good and very filling. Our family has been there 6 times and gotten different dishes each time. The food is great. The owner is a great guy - who loves to cook for people.

Try the lasagna or the Carbonara. I can't wait to get back and try the muffaletta.

The location is what it is. If you go in expecting ambiance, you'll be disappointed. For me, sitting next to an open kitchen with great food and great people cooking is something that brings me back.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were a little thrown off by the 'curb appeal', its in a strip mall. Not a good location for a place that serves such good and authentic food. We both had spghetti and meatballs, small portion was plenty. Service was as good as it could be considering its primary service is takeout. We are in town for the weekend, would not go back. Food was good but not something I would hve to go back to again. If it was in my hometown, I would eat there occasionally.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had Lasagna and it was pretty good. Only 3 tables that only seat 2 people and they close at 7:00PM. What can I say, it was okay and the food was pretty good except that your salad was on your plate and not in a salad bowl.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Locally owned and fresh ingredients make it wonderful. The service was very friendly. Small seating area, but worth the wait. They make everything fresh.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I said I wanted pasta for lunch. We googled and this place came up with raving reviews. We walked inside and it looked like a teeny store. We got a table in the back room (the only room) it was a little awkward because it felt like you were sitting in the middle of a back kitchen. I order spaghetti and marinara. They did not have angel hair pasta...my friend ordered salad with vinaigrette (they only had 3 dressing. We wanted ceasar... But it was made with raw eggs) all 3 dressings were homemade so they had a specific taste to them. My friend and I did not like any of the dressing. My other friend wanted to share the pasta I got but there was a 5 dollar fee. Every other review said the pasta was homemade and amazing.. But it was nothing special to me. It did taste good yet nothing to really make it the best. Something else that is very important is the soda. Flat. Now...who wants flat soda? The garlic bread was good. Tasted fresh and homemade. All in all. Average.

Ann A, Owner at Spaghetti Jim's Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to stop in and review our restaurant. We greatly appreciate all customer feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not care for our house-made dressings, they are usually quite popular with our customers. We have taken your concern into consideration and will be offering dressing alternatives upon request. Also had you let us know that you're soda was flat we would have been happy to replace it at the time.