“View<Wine”

2 Lads Winery
Ranked #14 of 118 things to do in Traverse City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: 2 Lads Winery is a small production facility located on Old Mission Peninsula in Traverse City, Michigan. We currently have 23 acres of established vineyards. We specialize in cool climate dry red and sparkling wines and have small runs of white wines to round out the lot. Sustainably farming our land is paramount to the health of our soil, vines and grapes at 2 Lads Winery. Come taste the difference.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I'm not a big fan of 2 Lads wine, but am always willing to try it when we visit the OMP. If anything, you have to go up to their tasting room for the view! Just outside is the perfect spot for a photo op.

All reviews
"favorite wineries"
"gift shop"
"worth the trip"

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We visited several wineries on the peninsula and the tasting room in this winery was the most modern. We arrived close to closing time but everyone was very accommodating. The pourers were a lot younger than at the other wineries but were very cordial. There was a fee for the tasting but it was comped upon purchasing a bottle.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

2 Lads was our first stop as we worked our way down Old Mission Peninsula. The building is cool - very modern, and sits on top of a hill which makes for a nice view! The wine was forgettable, I didn't purchase a single bottle. To me, there is nothing more disappointing than a bartender with no personality. She didn't talk about the wine or the vineyard, didn't even make small talk like, "Where are you from?" There was however a male bartender there that seemed to know his stuff. I even asked this girl why there was a bottle cap instead of a cork on this one bottle of wine in their gift shop. Instead of answering my question, she told me what the wine was. What?? Umm...thanks but I won't be returning. Try hiring bartenders with a personality so that I would actually want to buy a bottle of wine and take it home and tell people about my experience.

1  Thank Missy C
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Beautiful location on a high hill overlooking Lake Michigan. Go there after visiting the Old Mission Lighthouse close by. Excellent snack plate of cheeses and chocolate to accompany wine flight. Wine flight has only 5 of 7 possible wines. Rather average wine.