“Beach Condominium Resort Traverse City, Michigan”

The Beach Condominiums Hotel - Resort
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When we opened the door we both said, "WOW! We were right on the beach, and we could see it from the doorway and the condo was so clean! The view was beautiful, instead going out to eat, (could have cooked in the well equipped kitchen), we got take out and sat in our living room eating, enjoying the view, even though it was cold and snowy, the Bay is breath taking. We walked the beach and experienced the beach at it's winter's finest. This place had the biggest bathroom I have ever had while vacationing, a shower and a separate jet tub. Even the color of the bedroom was beautiful and soothing. Totally enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: We had the first floor which meant we walked right on to the beach, however I understand the top flo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tgreyerbiehl

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Beach Condominiums Hotel-Resort for 2 nights in February for a Valentine's weekend getaway. We were very pleased with the location of the hotel, as well as the overall size of the room we were in. It had a nice layout and awesome views of the bay. We were a little disappointed in housekeeping. When we arrived, there were bits of toilet paper all over the counter, and it looked like just wet toilet paper was used to wipe it down. There was also hair in the sink and the bathtub which we had to clean up. The dishwasher was full of clean dishes that we had to put away. The countertops were not clean either. It only took us 15 minutes or so to clean it up, and we bought some Clorox wipes from the market down the street and it was fine after that, but isn't that what housekeeping is for? If the staff would've adequately cleaned the room before we checked in things would've started out better.

As far as the noise goes, we were constantly aware of the people above us. We stayed in room 107, and the people above us were back and forth all night. You can hear every step. When they would take baths above us or run water the drains are extremely loud below, so we were awoken at all hours of the night by constant noise above us. My recommendation is to get a room on the top floor so you don't have to listen to anybody above you.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay, but we wish there would've been a little more attention to detail in regards to the cleanliness.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor unless you are OK with hearing the people above you walk around.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mattheweilers
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice place to stay with family,Quate ,a lot of room ,kitchen 2 separate bedrooms,pool outside,nice east side bay.If you like quate evenings and rent boat,jet ski during a day - perfect place to stay.Stayed here in 2010 summer and enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vaidas v
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently moved up to TC, and I decided to take advantage of the monthly rates at The Beach Condominiums. I've been living here for a couple months now.

The view from the living area is incredible, even in the winter. I love how bright it is in the mornings. The units are all a little different, so make sure you check out the online virtual tours to see what your particular unit will look like. Mine is a little outdated in terms of decor (and hopefully you like the color blue!). There are some small cleanliness/repair things that kind of downgrade the luxury of this unit. Things like cabinets that don't quite close, a piece of the side of the countertop that is missing, and some large dark spots on the carpeting.

The kitchen is great. Mine has fairly old appliances, but I haven't had any issues with them. The kitchen is fully equipped, and has pretty much everything you could need. (I've done a fair amount of cooking and baking here and I've been able to make what was provided work for me.)

The bathroom is huge. It has both a shower stall and a whirlpool tub. The tub in my unit is cracked on the bottom and kind of gross looking; thus, I wouldn't recommend choosing this place because of the tub. The washer/dryer is a stacked unit that sits in the bathroom closet, which I find pretty efficient. BE CAREFUL WHEN TURNING ON THE WATER: the water heaters are turned up very high (so there will be enough hot water to fill the whirlpool tubs). This means that, if you turn the water on "hot," it could easily be a scalding temperature within a matter of seconds. I have to shower with the water set closer to "cold" than "hot." PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, and you may want to request that the water heater in your unit be turned down at the beginning of your visit.

The bedroom is fairly nice. The closet is small, which should be fine for a short trip, but is frustrating for long-term stays. There is plenty of drawer space, with both a dresser and a chest of drawers. The issue is that the bedroom window is right against the main walkway, so if you at all value your privacy, you have to keep the blinds shut at all times. Also, because the walkway is a wooden deck, this also makes it noisy (it's also right on US 31 which is a fairly busy, main road). The sound REALLY carries throughout the units, probably because of the tile floors, so I highly recommend the third floor (I'm on a lower floor, and I can always tell when I have upstairs neighbors; it sometimes prevents me from being able to fall asleep at night, especially on weekends).

I have had some fairly serious issues with the housekeeping staff. Because I have a long-term rental, they only visit my unit 3x/week, and will empty my trash and replace my towels/linens. I've only asked them to do my trash. I've now had muddy footprints on my tile floors on three separate occasions. One time, I came in to find that someone from housekeeping had used my toilet (as evidenced by the fact that there were muddy footprints through my bedroom into the bathroom and the toilet seat was left up). I was majorly disturbed by this (I'm obsessively neat) and reported it to the front desk. The muddy footprints have continued though, probably because of the snow. Because I otherwise handle all of my own cleaning, including floors, this means I end up having to clean up after the housekeepers. There's something wrong with that.

The people I encounter at the front desk are very responsive. They have called to yell at noisy upstairs neighbors for me, come right away to fix my heat, and are generally just happy to help with whatever they can.

Hopefully that gives you some insight from someone who can call The Beach home. Despite some of the issues I've had, I have found the monthly rental option to be a terrific option for me. However, there is no way I would pay $2,000 to rent this place for a week during the summer.

Room Tip: Higher floors and end units are quieter, but generally also pricier.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Meagan H
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This is our first time here and we loved it! The room was clean. Loved the sectional, tvs, & fireplaces. Views were amazing! We loved the full kitchen. It had everything we could have possibly needed to cook with. The jacuzzi tub was nice and big. Loved it here, we will definately be back!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Jdboshog
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have stayed here many times and in a number of different units. We have found each unit to be clean and comfortable. Each condo has a view of the bay and its own deck with seating. The beach is really nice with lots of lounge chairs which I really enjoy.
The kitchens are well-equipped with everything you need to cook a meal if you are so inclined. The bathrooms are large with a shower and hot tub. Lots of seating in the living areas.
It is close to nice restaurants and the downtown. It is on the main road through town but we have found it to be very quiet each and every time. We think it is a great value also.

Room Tip: We like the third floor because of the vaulted ceilings. It appears more spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claudette B
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It's our first time in travers city and we choose this hotel, we made a reservation and pay half of the amount to secure our room and the location of our room. We payed more because it's on the first level and it has a walk out patio to the beach, unfortunately when we arrive they gave it to the walk in customer and they give us another room on the second floor which eventually a little cheaper because it does'nt have a walk out patio but they did not give us a refund for the difference. We payed for a king bed but they gave us queen bed instead. Since it's already 9pm and it's a busy Saturday we are stuck and cannot do anything. This hotel is only after of the sales but no customer service, no word of honor, cannot be trusted.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family