“Always good”

Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We often make the trip from where we live in upper Michigan over to Traverse City. We've found the Baymont to be well located, well priced, and clean and tidy. It's nice to have found a place we can count on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I used priceline to get a hotel room at the Baymont Inn and Suites in Traverse City - I would not stay there for their full price. The walls are extremely thin, bed linens old, comforter/bed skirt worn, old box television (channels didn't come in clear). Just needs basic upgrades - and thicker walls. Not worth their "normal" price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

First off they are not consistant on their price for rooms. We booked a room after our friends booked rooms. The first couple booked their room for $47 per night, then we booked our room and the charge was $80 per night. I had a lengthly discussion with them about the price and they assured me that they couldn't do anything about the rates. Wanting to stay at the same hotel our friends were staying at we didn't persue it any further. We then had other friends that decided to come and join us at the hotel and they payed $48 per night. Needless to say to say we feel that we had been, well I won't publish what we really thought. As we entered our room our overall opion was that it looked very outdated. The intial survey resulted in finding many things that were not right. I entered the bathroom and found a old wash cloth that was hanging on the shower curtain rod behind the shower curtain. There was still hair on the walls of the shower. Double Gross!! The wall paper is pealing back on several areas of the room. I then noticed on the wall right next to the bed by the fire sprinkler there were cobwebs blowing around in the breeze. Over top of the TV the cobwebs were just hanging from the stucko in the ceiling. Needless to say the housekeeping effort is lacking big time! With that being said we thought it would be a good idea to go to the hot tub and pool to relax a little after driving. We got to the pool and I touched my toes to the water and thought are you kidding me how could anyone enjoy this pool with it being so cold. No big deal, we then thought we'll just get in the hot tub. As I started down the ladder and entered the hot tub I noticed that there loads of scum in the tub. I quickly retreated. At that time we looked at the pool and we discovered the same scum all over the pool too. Just then a couple of our friends joined us with their suits on to enjoy the pool and we showed them what we were seeing. I decided to call the front desk and let them know about the situation. The person working the front desk by the name of Rick came into the pool area. By this time there were several people at the pool area and when I seen Rick come in I told him that I was the one who called in the complaint. He walked down to the end where our group was sitting and I showed him our concerns. He then stated that he didn't see any problems and said that I don't know what the complaint is because they had just drained the pool the day before because they had been painting in there and it shouldn't be dirty. Several of us told him that it was in fact dirty. I asked if the manager or owner was available and he told us no. I then shared some of the problems we seen in the room and he didn't seem to care as he turned and walked out the door. The following day I asked to speak with the manager or owner and the lady at the front desk told me that they were not available. She was quick to point out that she was the shift manager. She never offered to take my name and number or make any effort to say that they could contact me if I'd like. This seemed very strange because I have stayed in other Baymont Inn's in the past and always felt they were at least clean. Not this one! Besides the rooms being dated and the TV's that came over on the Mayflower, they advertise a continental breakfast that is truly a joke. You can see that this place is just not being lead down the right management path.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends