My husband and I stayed two nights (Thurs and Fri) while on vacation in Traverse City (in room 211) At first the hotel was fine. Nice coffee corner, warm and inviting. The room was ok, and the beds were very clean. The sink looked acceptable as did the bathroom at first glance. But when you spend any time in the room, the dirt will reveal itself. MAJOR dust in the air unit, and considerable dust all over in spots that likely don't get any attention. The sink was old and had been caulked very sloppily. There was a glob of it against the backsplash. The faucet had lots if caked on grime in the crevices. The bathroom was not filthy, but there was evidence of a hurried, half-hearted clean. A small dead spider in the corner, a hair or two in the tub left behind after towel wiping, significant soap scum on the shower walls. The shower fixtures also needed updating. It just looks like the cleaning crew and the maintenance crew take no pride in their work. The pool area was not cared for. The entire lining of the pool was detached from the pool floor, making it feel like you were walking on a thin air mattress. The hot tub had a ladder to climb down rather than stair steps, and the windows look like they hadn't been cleaned in years. There were huge chunks of paint hanging from the ceiling over the pool and there were a few lights out, making it look dingy. But the worst part was the 2nd night. The first night was a thurs, so there were not many guests. The 2nd night was noisy!! We realized just how paper thin the walls and floors were. Kids yelling in the hall, running the halls and rooms above us, doors closing. The noise subsided around midnight, but they were back at it around 6:45 am. Not the hotel's fault, but it's obvious the building was not constructed with any sort of noise barriers. Rough sleep. I try to find more good in a place than bad, but there wasn't much good to speak of. Not worth the $104 a night to stay there!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Baymont Inn And Suites Traverse City
- Baymont Inn Traverse City
- Traverse City Baymont Inn