“Best Surprise of Our Trip”

Courtyard Traverse City
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This hotel provided the best surprise of our vacation as the location was very quit with nicely decorated rooms and an overall wonderful atmosphere. Having a room facing the back was great as there was a little stream behind the hotel with woods that made the view pleasant. The staff was incredibly nice to us and we liked our room and the overall experience at this hotel. The indoor pool and hot tub were inviting but we had to do laundry that night in the hotel guest laundry. The breakfast staff was on the ditzy side as they seemed easily confused but that was the only negative of this stay. Traverse City is amazing and we'd return again given the opportunity. A big plus was the minor league baseball game as the stadium is really nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2010

This Courtyard has been recently renovated.. and it shows. The rooms are well done, the beds are very comfy and the lobby was spacious and usable. The staff was totally helpful from front desk staff to housekeeping.

I would definitely stay there again when my travel takes me to Traverse City.

One suggestion: If you like to keep your windows open, I would suggest getting a room in the back of the hotel, the road noise (only if you have the windows open) can be annoying... again this is only if you open the large sliding door (which I loved!).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I'm a business traveler and I'm in a hotel every week. Last week I stayed at the Courtyard in Traverse City, MI. where I have stayed a number of times. It has recently been renovated and it is very nice. I checked out, leaving all of my jewelry in the room. Before I had even noticed that I didn't have any of the jewelry on, the front desk was calling me to let me know that they had found it. I can't tell you how grateful I am that the employees of this hotel are so honest. Thank you Courtyard for taking such great care of me. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We had two Ipods stolen out of our room from inside our luggage while we were at a soccer tournament. The hotel staff was completely unhelpful and unsympathetic. It took a manager 2 days to call us back and at that time he never apologized for what happened nor helped in any way. The manager couldn't even get straight whether the items were phones or Ipods. This hotel clearly could have cared less what happened to us and made no attempt to help us. We even had to call and file a police report on our own because the front desk would not. The manager stated he would call me back and to this day I have never heard from him again. I would not recommend staying here. I will not stay with Mariott again unless I have no choice and I certainly wont leave anything in the room while I'm out!

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank cmwtabu
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Amazing hotel & awesome staff. The Bistro is FABULOUS!!!!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Rooms are very clean and modern and have the latest in decor and technology (minus a new alarm clock and phone). According to the front desk agent, they were just completed in Fall of 2009 and they definitely feel new.

The bed is comfortable. Water pressure in shower is great with a brand new massaging showerhead and curved shower rod.

The lobby and common areas are also completely renovated with very modern yet retro looking furniture, very impressive. The new bistro/bar is very nice, with a walk-up counter where one can order breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. I had breakfast and it was pretty good actually. The service was a tad slow. The bistro seating area which is also part of the lobby is modern with lots of seating and a ton of flat panel tvs, computers, and a huge touchscreen computer that gives you any area information, news, weather, etc.

They removed the former closed off meeting room and expanded the lobby into this area with more funky/retro/modern seating, a tv and computer work area.

They even have a tiny market area next to the front desks that sells snacks and toiletries, very convenient.

I have to admit, I love this new Courtyard concept and am looking forward to all Courtyards shedding their old dull decor in exchange for the more hip and modern design. Makes it a lot more fun to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I stayed here for a business visit in town. I arrived at the Traverse City airport and called the front desk for a shuttle. She said the hotel shuttle wasn't in operation but she would call for a cab & pay for the cab to transport me to the hotel. That's was great. It was a quick ten minute ride to the hotel. I was quickly checked-in even though I was early (10 am)...but it had been a long day at that point with an early flight! The room was very new looking, clean, bright and cheery. One of the walls was covered in a wallpaper that was pretty. The wifi worked well. Bathroom was clean. Sink was seperate from the toilet/shower. I used the pool and hot tub near the lobby. Both were clean. Pool and Hot Tub were the right temperature as well. It was great to be in the hot tub and look out at the snow falling. There was not much to eat around there except the Mexican restaurant La Senorita. It was good. Bed was comfortable with nice sheets. Breakfast buffet in the hotel was delicious and very reasonable. The buffet had so much and the service was wonderful. Overall, great stay!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business