“Great stay except for 1 thing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Traverse City

Courtyard Traverse City
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Lansing, Illinois
“Great stay except for 1 thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I cannot remember the last time I've stayed in a hotel that didn't offer free breakfast of some sort (unless it was a Motel 6). After paying $135/night to stay in a property that's not even close to the town's main activities (unless you're there for mall shopping), I was disappointed to find that we had to pay for breakfast. I guess I've become accustomed to being able to pick up a quick bite in the morning before starting the day, and it was always included as part of the charge to stay there for the night. This was some obvious cost-cutting.

If it wasn't for that little surprise, the hotel would get 5 stars from me. The property is newer and is kept modern-looking and clean. We loved the fire pit outside and the touchscreen information board in the lobby. Our room was large and comfortable. The place stayed quiet at night so we slept well. The staff was helpful with answers to questions and pretty friendly. I've never had a problem being comfortable at a Marriott property, and this was no exception.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Rainydock
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard in Traverse City.

I am glad you liked to new modern Courtyard look. I am happy that you found the hotel clean and comfortable.

The Courtyard brand began over 30 years ago. The business model for the brand has been to have a fresh made to order breakfast available at a cost. We also offer dinner, a full bar and a Starbucks outlet. There are 886 Courtyard's in the United States and all of them offer a breakfast for purchase.

I do hope the next time you are in Traverse City you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Flushing, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

First time to this hotel. The hotel is mind-blowingly beautiful. The entire staff from housekeeping, bistro, front desk, maintenance, and management all were very attentive and quick to offer local suggestions for things to do, things to see, and where to eat. One of the best customer service experiences I have ever received from hotel staff. We liked the hotel not being too close to the lake (only 10 minutes.) It made traffic a lot easier to handle and the prices of the room were lower because we weren't stuck in the main tourist area. I will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joshua W
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

First time staying here. Good location although to it is a ten minute drive to the lake and downtown. Very quiet location. Close by Terra Firma brewery which was excellent. Extremely clean hotel with nice exercise room. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank MikeKerrey
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hello Mike,
Thanks for your recent stay and nice comments, I will share with our staff.
Most of our guest feel that our location is perfect. We are a short drive to downtown but have shopping and restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel. It is much easier turning out of our driveway then some of the other hotels on busy US.31.
Terra Firma is one of the newest craft breweries in town and we are lucky to have them as neighbors.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great hotel, very clean, very attentive staff. The only downside is that it is not very close to downtown Traverse City. Great place for business travelers. Ok for families. Best chain hotel in the Traverse area.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank schlitzen
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words, I will share with our staff. This hotel is currently ranked in the top .02% of the Courtyard brand in Overall Guest Satisfaction. We hope you be be returning to Traverse City and our hotel soon.
Lake Orion, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nice room, the coverlet was white and pristine. Numerous pillows are on each bed and I quickly found which one I like to sleep on. Slept very well and I am used to a sleep number bed. For breakfast I had a large Starbucks coffee and two scrambled eggs for under 5 dollars.

Room Tip: There is a small pool on main floor and there were children enjoying it. In the room the desk had a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sharon D
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello and thanks for your recent stay at our Courtyard. Also thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of your guest room. Most of our housekeepers have been here for many years and take great pride in their work. Their efforts are why this hotel is currently ranked in the top .01% of the Courtyard brand in Over All Guest Satisfaction. We hope you will be returning to our hotel soon.

Bryan
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I have to say, I am very impressed with the customer service at this location. I have stayed here for a total of 3 weeks this winter. A special shout out to Ashley who went above and beyond for me on my last visit. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my car was cleaned off (snow) it was a very nice touch by the gentleman shoveling the walkways in the morning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracey C
Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad you had a chance to meet some of our employee service stars. As a result of their efforts and so many more this hotel is currently ranked #17 out of 880 other Courtyards in Over All Guest Satisfaction for year to date. We are committed to be #1 by the April. I hope you come stay with us again soon.

Bryan
Davidsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

On a business trip to Traverse City for the first time and a hotel is most when you are on the road. This Courtyard Marriott was just the ticket, convient location, close to the airport even though I did not fly in, but close to where I needed to be for business. Stafff was pleasant and very helpful from the moment I entered the door. Room was good size, very comfortable king size bed. Had good hot breakfast in the morning, you can buy a breakfast package that makes it easy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business