“Good Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Traverse City
Michigan
“Good Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. They were able to get my work group in on very short notice. Friendly staff. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. I was on the third (top) floor, and the floor felt solid. The window HVAC unit was just the right volume to drown out the hallway noise, and when the compressor turned on and off, it was not disturbing at all. The towels were thin and cheap feeling (why can't nice hotels have nice towels?). The complimentary coffee was taken away every afternoon, so my suggestion would be to have the complimentary coffee out 24 hours a day, like the Fairfield Inn.

This place is a good back-up if the Fairfield Inn around the corner doesn't have any rooms.

Keep up the good work Bryan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words. Good call on the towels. Marriott has recognized this quality issue and has recently changed bathroom linens. We are in the process of ordering and replacing. In fact we just received a shipment today. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Couple items to be aware of here: King bed was not comfortable and pillows weren't either. My wife and I both noticed right away and predicted we would wake up not rested....and yep it wasn't good. Also kind of funny, thinking that hotels should be focused on hospitality etc well, here a prime parking spot is marked for employee of the month! It was empty of course and we needed to park quite a ways from entrance. Anyway we will stay at Hampton Inn again next time to T city.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Servicegetsit
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and comments. I am sorry that your bed and pillows were less then comfortable for you. Mattresses and pillows are very subjective items that our guests seem to have different preferences for. That is why we have both feather and foam pillows on our beds. In addition we try to give you plenty to choose from, including two stored in the closet a standard king room has seven pillows.

As for mattresses it is similar to the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story. Some guests say too hard, some say too soft but most say just right. I do know of at least five guests that have purchased mattresses from the Marriott online store after staying with us. It is all about preferences, again I am sorry we did not meet your expectations this time. I am sure if given another opportunity we can find accomodations that are just right for you.
Best Regards,

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a wedding group and booked 10 rooms. The bride and groom's suite had a card signed by the entire staff placed in their room - nice surprise. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful in getting us all accommodated. The common areas were nice for congregating, and the pool area was nice too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent one night over the Labor Day weekend. When I called to reserve the room, I was offered two room types. Luck would have it that I chose the room with a barely working hot tub. Had I known at the time of making the reservation that the hot tub would take hours to fill, I would have reserved the other room. The cost of the room was outrageous, especialy so, since the hot tub didn't work properly. Oh, they were kind enough to deduct a whopping $20.00 from our bill and gave us four breakfast vouchers. Nice gesture but I still feel somewhat, "ripped off". I guess they had us by the collar since it was a holiday weekend. The hot tub was a nice temperature. The pool very cold. The breakfast was very nice as well as the seating area. Definitely not worth the premium. The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: If you request a hot tub room, make sure that its in working order before settling in!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Hello and thanks for your recent stay with us. I am sorry you were not totally satisfied as most of our guests are. I aplogize for the in-room spa tub issue that has been corrected. You are right about area hotel rooms being on the high side of price in Traverse City during the summer season. I will be taking an additional $50.00 off your past stay and you should see that credit later next week. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast bistro. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to be your preferred hotel in Traverse City.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'll preface by saying I'm very fond of Marriott hotels. But it wasn't the name that made me stay here, it was availability. Traverse City is a very popular destination in the summer, and this weekend the Microbrew and Music Festival was going on. Because of this, local hotels were booked up and rates were jacked up. I booked this hotel in a pinch the night prior to my stay. I wasn't thrilled with the location, but it was only about 11 minutes away from the downtown area. Overall, the hotel lived up to Marriott's name, with the exception of maybe the room size (really small!) I stayed in a King Bed Room.

Pros: very nice, typical Marriott hotel. Nice, clean lobby with interactive touchscreen display TV for finding local happenings, restaurants, etc. Front desk staff was very nice!

Cons: $276/night rate. I suppose this isn't the hotel's fault, though - the city and events likely caused the steep prices. The room was small, with the TV facing the side of the bed. Ideally, it'd have been nice to be closer to town.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Traverse City, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello and thanks for your recent stay and your kind words. I am glad you had a good stay. The great thing about Traverse City is that something is always going on. You are correct rates at all area hotels go up this time of year. If you like Microbrews, TC has a winter Microbrew & Music Festival in early February and Suds & Snow is a fun event in March. I hope you can join us again soon.

West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a great value. A clean hotel with basic services for the business traveler and also up to the standards of other Courtyard Marriott Hotels. Rooms are large and clean. Beds are comfortable and internet service works well. Near a shopping mall and walking distance to restaurants, although a bit of a distance from the lakeshore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe R
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel with great lobby and excellent rooms. Staff is very friendly. Guest laundry came in handy after two weeks on the road. Location is a bit off the beaten track but it is indeed quieter over in this part of Traverse City. Overall, I was very pleased.

• Stayed July 2013