All reviewstypical courtyardmarriott courtyardpool and hot tubthird floorthree nightsshort drivefree breakfastvery nice hotelgreat place to staylobbytcconshousekeepingmisummerbay
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I recently stayed here 2 weekend nights free with Marriott Reward Points and then again for 1 night later in the week for a business trip. It was my first time staying at this property because I usually stay somewhere located on the waterfront when I work in Traverse City. The hotel was clean and the rooms were fine. I liked the Bistro restaruant located in the lobby and found it very convenient to be able to order breakfast or dinner right there. They also serve Starbucks coffee and tea. Overall this was a nice Courtyard by Marriott and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Though it's not in the downtown/waterfront area that seems to be the most attractive and fun part of Traverse City, this hotel is a good choice. It's just 3-4 mile drive to the downtown area. Pleasant front desk staff, pool, fitness room, nice decor, quiet, clean rooms. It's across the street from a shopping area that includes Target, Macy's, and several other stores and restaurants.

My room rate seemed expensive for this level of hotel ($189 a night), but it appeared to be a busy weekend for hotels in Traverse City. Several hotels were sold out.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. I have always preferred Marriott over any hotel chain and this was surely not a disapointment. We went to Traverse City for just one night and although it was a little pricey, was very much worth it. Our room had a king with a jacuzzi tub and was a beautiful room. A little bit far away from downtown or the attractions, but the staff made it worth the drive. We received a phone call shortly after arriving to our room asking if we needed anything which I found to be an added bonus ontop of how wonderful everything was already. Definitely would stay again, and continue to be wowed by the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This Courtyard is very clean and quiet. Clean enough for this asthmatic to stay here safely for extended periods. Quiet for it is away from the busiest traffic. Staff is very friendly and cheerfully helped me with special needs. I felt like family when I stayed here.

The lobby area is intimate and great for small business meetings. There are several semi-private spaces here with semi-curved seating for four or more, a table, television and internet services, both wireless and hard-wired. This is a new style lobby that most Courtyards I've visited do not offer yet.

The Bistro food is fresh, tastes great and made only after ordered in most cases. Well worth the small wait. And, the evening bar is very cozy.

The pool and gym areas are the cleanest I've seen.

A great visit. I actually miss being here and will be back when I am in Traverse City.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Appears to be an older Courtyard that has been updated with the new lobby and food court breakfast area. The food court concept is something new and fails miserably when compared to Hilton's Garden Inn full service restaurant. But the hotel was extremely clean and the rooms quiet and comfortable. The location was a few miles from the busy downtown area and across from a mall. There are numerous eating choices in the area and the location is actually very convenient. Will stay there again and recommend highly to others traveling in the Traverse City area

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevator is always the best choice
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple