“Wow I love tea.”

Light of Day Organics
Ranked #21 of 116 things to do in Traverse City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Light of Day Organic Farm & Tea Shop is Michigan's only certified Demeter Biodynamic Farm & the only commercial grower of certified organic teas in North America! Our specialty is the growing-from seed to cup-of award-winning, delicious, original recipe loose leaf teas and tisanes. This is a not-to-miss health and wellness destination when visiting the greater Traverse City area, and is located right on M-72, the main highway to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park. Thank you for your interest in certified organic Michigan agricultural products! We look forward to your visit! With love from Light of Day farm family. Please check website for seasonal hours and tea class schedules.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Well worth the extra cost to be sipping the best tea in the world. I am so glad I toured your store and was educated by nature's therapeutic properties of raw loose tea.

2  Thank B W W

Reviewed May 22, 2012

A great stop if you love tea. Wonderful people with an excellent product.

1  Thank S L
Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you enjoy Tea...you really need to stop in and try some of the most amazing Tea / flavors. Very nice!!!

1  Thank kdsoup
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Upon arriving at the quiet, unassuming "Light of Day" farm, just west of Traverse City, I was a bit suprised at what I saw. A few small buildings, some well-maintained gardens, and an odd anticipation in the air.

Being a tea-drinker, the idea of going somewhere that did interesting things with tea was a no brainer, and my wife readily joined me.

Upon entering, several couples were present in the 'tasting room' as the proprietor as dishing out all kinds of samples. It didn't take long to discover that we had entered the sanctuary of a vibrant and passionate tea guru... she really knew her stuff, both how to make delicious teas and what tea could provide by way of nutritional helps.

Our hostess took plenty of time in sharing different types of teas, their health benefits, tips on making the best pot of tea, and the origins of different varieties. Each variety was made avalible for the sniff test, and many were put forth in small sample cups for us to try.

Ultimately we walked away with a supply of Peaceful Peninsulas, a green tea and berry mix, a subscription to her outstandingly informative e-mail list, and a great appreciation for a good cup of tea.

I highly recommend this as a stop on your Traverse City vacation.

9  Thank IndianaPriest