“Good lunch”

Harrington's By The Bay
Ranked #31 of 298 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: There is just something about Harrington’s By The Bay. Graciously sitting across from the beautiful shores of West Grand Traverse Bay in Traverse City, Michigan, At Harrington’s By The Bay, you’ll find a delicious lunch menu featuring: steak burgers, house made soups and salads…..over a half dozen salads all served with a variety of signature custom dressings. Many of our sandwiches are served on house made bread and even our lunch portion sizes are sure to leave you satisfied. Vegetarians will be impressed with options from our fresh start choices, sandwiches, salads, and pasta and specialty items on both our lunch and dinner menu. Our dinner menu is sure to amaze with both its quality and its variety. Much of our menu is chosen from the finest cattle graded PRIME by the US Department of Agriculture and hand cut all our steaks in house. Whether you choose our tenderloin of beef, New York Strip, or melt in your mouth rib-eye; you will be planning your next meal with us before you finish your first. For our seafood lovers we offer wild caught salmon, fresh Great Lake’s walleye, to die for crab cakes, perfectly prepared Scallops Rockefeller, and much more. Whether you’re a beef, chicken, pork or pasta lover, we have a meal you’ll enjoy! Happy Hour is truly Happy Hours in our lounge as it is ALWAYS happy hour in the Red 8 Lounge. With a special small plates menu, discounted and well-crafted $3 drinks, $5.5 glasses of our house wines (cabernet, chardonnay, merlot, pinot noir, pinot grigio and more), House Bloody Mary, House Bellini, and other options will satisfy your thirst. With DirectTV, Sunday Ticket,and 4 flat-screen TVs we can put your game on so you can remain your team's biggest fan. Whether you dine indoors or outdoors, we believe that award winning meals must be served with award winning service and that is just what you will find at Harrington’s. Our amazing team not only loves what they do, they love sharing the Harrington’s By The Bay experience with you. This leaves us back where we started. There is just something great about Harrington’s By The Bay.
“Good lunch”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We tried Harringtons on the advice of friends and trip advisor. We had fried cod and pecan crusted whitefish. Both were very good and reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2013

“Mixed visit”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here yesterday. The results were mixed.

On the plus side, I had one of the best french dip (they used prime rib) sandwiches I have ever had -- a very generous portion of tender prime rib and tasty au jus for dipping. They cooked the home made potato chips to order for me (I like them undercooked -- bendy, not crispy) and they were excellent. My wife thought her fish tacos were very good.

On the minus side, the seafood chowder was thin with a fair number of potato pieces, but with only a few pieces of clam. I didn't see or taste any other seafood in it. I ordered grilled onions (extra charge) on my french dip, but when it came there were no onions. I couldn't find our server, so ate it without the onions. The server did take the up-charge off of my bill. Service wasn't horrible, but it was on the slow side. A little pricy, but the 2 sandwiches were very good.

A bit of advice -- ask to sit on the upper level. Tho the best view is on the lower level, the lower level is very noisy.

• Visited April 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Excellent food but pricey for small portions.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is excellent, but the entree portion sizes are very small and VERY pricey. The prices on the sandwich menu seemed more reasonable, but none of us ordered sandwiches. Soups and salads are an extra charge with dinner menu items. I ordered the Pan Roasted Alaskan halibut which was $29. It was served with fresh asperagus & brussel sprouts. My caesar salad was an additional $6 for a total of $35! The presentation was awesome, the flavor was great but the portion was small.

• Visited March 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Pretty Ordinary for Traverse City, A Little Pricey”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Other than a fine burger, which my wife ordered, the menu was really pretty ordinary, which made it hard to choose. The burger description on the menu looked outstanding and it was, but I didn't want a burger that day. I settled for an Eggplant appetizer, which looked like one of the more interesting things on the menu, but it was not that creative. We did have an excellent server.

• Visited February 2013
“Great Bar and food”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We often eat in the bar area. The sliders(2.50) both beef and chicken are a great value. The grilled romaine with blue cheese is tasty also. The happy hour specials are wonderful $4 wine that is very good.

• Visited January 2013