“Fun Pit Stop!”

Cherry Republic
Ranked #1 of 24 Shopping in Traverse City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Cherry Republic of Traverse City, a mecca built to honor the northern Michigan cherry and the Up North lifestyle. Located in the 'Cherry Capital of the World' and on one of America's Top 10 Great Streets, our diplomatic embassy is just a block from West Grand Traverse Bay in beautiful downtown Traverse City. Come in and sample over 200 of our locally-made cherry products, grab a seat in our Grand Cafe (which serves crispy pizzas, hearty sandwiches, fresh salads, and the best cherry pie you've ever had), or grab a glass at our wine/soda bar and sample 24 varieties of wine and soda pop. We're open 7 days a week, all year long. The Embassy is the largest storefront in the historic downtown area, so we're hard to miss. It is great destination for people of all ages so we'd love to see the whole family!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We always stop by during our Wine Diva trip to Traverse City for Toast the Season in November. We usually go kind of late in the evening and we don't get much service from the employees, but it is still a fun place to stop! We love to sample the goodies :) The best is the Cherry Almond butter jam and the cherry coffee is amazing! One of our group always finds the hidden raccoon! Sad they got rid of The Pits.

All reviews
"food items"
"great gifts"
"fun visit"

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I had visited there in the summer of 2012 and purchased some of their famous cherry wine. This year I was planning on ordering a couple of bottles from them as a Christmas gift for a family member and I just have to say they have an excellent customer service department. They were very prompt into responding to me and very friendly. I love good customer service! Although I may not be driving up to Michigan all the time I will for sure be ordering from them more frequently and I would recommend their product to anyone who loves cherries!!!!

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

If you like cherries this is a must stop. Anything that be made with cherries they have it. Go hungry because they have lots of food out to sample.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a cool little place..Old-fashioned buildings and cute signs, for decoration on the buildings. A pop/wine-tasting building where you can sample the various cherry sodas, and cherry wines for free. Another building has gifts, knick-knacks and t-shirts and so many cherry things to try: salsa, jam, granola, spreads, coffee, chocolates,....all free and all delicious!!!.
Also a little restaurant where you can sit inside or outside. Lovely cottage type gardens and benches to sit on and just gaze around... A small assortment of other shops on the street where you can easily leave your car in one place and walk to Cherry Republic and the other stores...Very nice quaint bookstore across the street which me and my daughter stopped at.. Cherry Republic,.is just really cute, nice and something unique...I thoroughly enjoyed it and glad it was on our list to find and stop at while in the Traverse City area....