“Cherry festival tastings”

Cherry Republic
Ranked #2 of 21 Shopping in Traverse City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Cherry Republic of Traverse City, a mecca built to honor the northern Michigan cherry and the Up North lifestyle. Located in the 'Cherry Capital of the World' and on one of America's Top 10 Great Streets, our diplomatic embassy is just a block from West Grand Traverse Bay in beautiful downtown Traverse City. Come in and sample over 170 of our locally-made cherry products, grab a seat in our cafe (which serves crispy pizzas, hearty sandwiches, fresh salads, and the best Cherry Pie you've ever had), or grab a glass at our wine/soda bar and sample 24 varieties of wine and soda pop. We're open 7 days a week, all year long. The Embassy is the largest storefront in the historic downtown area so we're hard to miss. It is great destination for people of all ages so we'd love to see the whole family!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Petoskey, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cherry festival tastings”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friend and I went shopping during the first weekend of the cherry festival. This was one of the first stops we made. They have taste samples of almost all of their products (of course full of cherries); there wasn't one thing that I didn't like. They also had free wine tasting and I was able to try many different cherry wines. I'm not sure if all these samples were because of the festival weekend of not but it definitely influenced the impact on my purchases. The cherry cola is amazing! I love cherry cola that is made with cherry juice. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It gave me that "small town family business" environment. This will definitely be on my top choice when I visit the area.

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great place, must visit!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a great experience! Very friendly staff, and you can taste test many of the delicious candies, salsas, jams and jellies etc. This really is a unique place to visit and everything we have purchased here has been delicious!

Fairfield, Iowa, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“for the young and old”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This winery was our first of the day. I was impressed that they had sodas too. The staff was very friendly and the shop of treats even offered samples! We would've tried the restaurant but we had already eaten.

Temecula, California
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 252 helpful votes
“Can't get ENOUGH...ahhhhh soooo good!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

FREE SAMPLES OF EVERYTHING!!!!

All sorts of cherry wines, sodas, ice teas, salsas, chocolates, bbq sauces....its like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" cherry being the MAIN ingredient.

AMAZING, TASTY & FUN!!!!

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Visited May 2013
Fort Worth, TX
160 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Excellent Products, Location, FUn”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Cherry Republic is always worth the visit...from the Cherry-flavored malted milk balls to the fiery, cherry salsas to the T-shirts and logos, everything is nice here. The staff are helpful, you can actually ship products if you want, and it's all done right here! Samples too!

Visited August 2012