“Out for a drive”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 231-223-7280 On Old MIssion Peninsula
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Old Mission Pennisula has glorious fall views and great wineries to visit. The Old Mission Tavern is about 3/4 of the way up Center Rd to the top of the Pennisula. We were pretty hungry by the time we arrived (about 2). Lunch is served til 3 so no problem except that a large group seem to be commanding the attention of the friendly but distracted staff. Lunch menu is smaller than I had hoped in the hot entrees ( a whitefish and a pasta) but had 3 soup choices, lots of salads and several sandwiches. I ordered the whitefish platter and my husband had the prime rib sandwich. Both were very good but came with runny blah coleslaw. Not blown away by anything but certainly left satiated. Local art is displayed in restaurant as well as in small studio connected to restaurant.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

A rather busy place and waitstaff seems a bit stretched. The food is prepared well and there are interesting choices on the menu. Whitefish is the entree of choice if you are travelling around Northern Michigan, but my friend felt the Parmesan w/ Franangelico sauce overwhelming with the delicacy of the Whitefish: I concur-grill or broil Whitefish-keep it simple. I had Prime Rib and found it to be a nice choice: plenty of leftovers to take with you!

I'll err and being generous with a 4 rating as the location of the restaurant is excellent since we were staying on Old Mission Peninsula; the decor is bright and cheerful; and the local artwork is enjoyable to view as you sip a wine or enjoy an appetizer.

1  Thank UMworldtravel
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Visiting the wine country on Old Mission Peninsula try the Old Mission Tavern. A very nice menu, try the White Fish. Friendly wait staff, great wine menu. Fills up early in the evening. Art studio in the rear with purchase available, of course.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Old mission is a great place to eat. It is not a large place but it has atmosphere. Our favorite meal is the whitefish. I love the cherry or Parmesan. My husband likes the plain whitefish. We visited on a Sunday and had the prime rib--delicious. There is a small art studio attached to the rest., you can look around if there is a wait. Make a reservation on weekends. You can't miss with this place ,located a short, beautiful drive from T.C..

1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a late lunch here and enjoyed the ambiance with artwork displayed all over the restauant and gallery attached. The lunch was good - I had the white fish and my husband had the hamburger. Both were very good.