“Darn good burger!”

Slabtown Cafe and Burgers
Ranked #13 of 329 Restaurants in Traverse City
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

A sunny summer day, business talk @ The Slabtown. I rode my HDFLTRX 167miles (one way) for lunch with my CPA and I was not disappointed. I had a bacon cheese, with olives. It was hot, Juicy, tasty. Made precisely for my taste profile. I opted out of the pretzel bun for the extra dollar. (Seriously...$1 for a pretzel bun!?). The chocolate shake was outstanding too. Pretty practiced crew, they process the orders quickly. Next time I will NOT order the onion rings. They appeared too uniform to be hand made, but the FFries looked AWESOME!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

This restaurant was recommended by Captain Mike on our charter out to Power Island, in a thunderstorm (but that's another story). It was EXCELLENT. Very good value for the $ with interesting menu choices. I had the T. C. Cherry Burger (which yes, included local cherries and blue cheese). I know this sounds weird, but it tasted awesome! I was also very happy to have real coffee, after suffering through the hotel’s excuse for it this morning and having a caffeine withdrawal headache.

These were the best burgers I've had that weren't home made. If we are in Traverse City again, would DEFINITELY go back :)

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

We just arrived in Traverse City but have been here many times before. Tonight we wanted try something new (for us). We found this on TripAdvisor and gave it a try. Wow. This place is worth the high rating. Both burgers we had were wonderful. I had the Bacon Burger (double) and my wife had the TC Cherry Burger. The hand cut fries and the tater-tots were both fresh and tasty. And they offer pretzel buns! Add in the local soda choices, and you have the perfect place to start a vacation!

Reviewed August 5, 2016

Slabtown Cafe and Burgers is a classic Traverse City burger joint. Located in one of the traditional homes in an older neighborhood, the food is excellent and the cozy atmosphere, like having burgers at your friends house. My favorite is enjoying a burger, with the toppings of my choice and a locally made fountain drink on the front porch at dusk. Enjoy a casual dinner on a cool "upnorth" summer evening.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

The fries here were the best part. The burgers were just okay, didn't have much flavor/seasoning to them. The place is super cute and the decor is nice.

1  Thank ASL_Secretary14