“Brown-bag Deliciousness”

Ranked #4 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Decatur, Michigan
“Brown-bag Deliciousness”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is in an old house but it is ramped for wheelchairs. We had amazing hamburgers brought to our table by accommodating staff. The only thing of which you must be aware is that you place your order at the counter and pay for it first. It comes in a brown bag but who cares? It's part of the 'flavor' of the place. The menu had a variety of burgers and accompaniements. The bleu-cheese cherry one was delish! We wanted to go back on Sunday but it wasn't open.

Visited October 2012

Juneau, Alaska
“Love this place.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Slabtown has excellent burgers. I usually have the buffalo burger, but the bean burger is also excellent. The french fries are out of this world. I love that they serve the meals in paper bags to minimize trash. The selection of craft/local sodas is excellent.

Visited July 2012
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
“Best fries!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Good bugers. Hot chick is the thing to order, with fries! Atmosphere is just okay, recommendation is to call in and get it to go.

Traverse City, Michigan
“Burgers like Dad made”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

In my opinion, this place has the best burger in TC. Nice & greasy, old-fashioned hamburgers with a side of skin-on fries and a milkshake...totally reminds me of the good old days.

I'm also fond of the Chicken Caesar Wrap, which includes croutons...and seems pretty healthy :)

After word caught on, Slabtown is always packed during lunchtime, so they added a bunch of seating outside. They're also really quick if you just want to take it to go.

Visited August 2012
Warren, Michigan
“What a great find!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

While travelling in Traverse City my family and I decided to try this place based on previous reviews here. It lived up to our expectations. If your familiar with 5 guys Burgers and Fries you will find the same quiality at Slabtown Cafe.........Minus the higher prices for the burgers. My son and I ordered the Double Bypass which included two double cheeseburgers an order of fries and a soft drink. For under $10 this can't be beat. $2.25 for an extra order of fries for my son. $2 for an additional fountain soda(which is from a local company I had not heard of but had a wonderful Black Cherry Cream Soda). My younger daughter had a Hot Dog(Which looked pretty good to me also),and Tots. My wife had a Veggie Burger which she said was delicious.

Total bill came to just over $30,which was one of the less expensive meals I had in TC that week.

Portions were big as well as the flavor. I can see why the fries are considered TC's best. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is due to the limited seating inside(It was raining that day and the outside area was wet). The staff seemed friendly(and young),and we had very little interaction with them(as you pay and seat yourselves).We did leave a couple dollars in the "Tip" can!

We will be going back for sure on next years visit!

• Visited August 2012