“Just Another Mexican Restaurant”
Review of Union Tap and Grill - CLOSED

Union Tap and Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Average Mexican food prepared by Americans. Prices were high for the portions and seating maximizes floor space while reducing privacy. This is not a destination restaurant for us.

1  Thank Doc3100

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Best tacos I have found anywhere in town. Their tomatoes are simply divine. Great location and also has outdoor seating.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The food was just ok, and the charges for every little sauce and salsa are ridiculous. I understand that it's not a corporate restaurant and that profit is the goal but it really is just kind of a bummer to pay and extra dollar for some sauce for your taco.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Sat outside at 1 of the 3 tables and had an enjoyable meal. Queso and guacamole were good. Ordered 1 shredded beef soft taco and ended up ordering another one it was so delicious. Waitress was friendly and we had good service. Would return here.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I like to think of myself as a Mexican food snob. I grew up with my best friends grandmother's food where she cooked for migrant workers on the Texas/Mexico border so we were spoiled badly. You have to know the difference between Los Tees or Cuatros Amigos cap and what REAL mexican food is. That being said you have to know going on what really is authentic and what is not.

Union Cantina was what I figured it would be, not extremely authentic, not mass produced crap but just something different that is pretty good. Chips N Salsa were good with 2 different types of sauce a green sweeter sauce and a red smokier sauce, I base a lot off the quality of the chips and salsa. I like to try something simple that most places do different at each restaurant so I got tacos and the chicken were good, my significant other got ground beef and were good as well. The hard shells were the way to go. Also on a high note they had Pepsi products. I would check it out for yourself, people next to us had chimichangas and they looked big and good. Bottom line is it is not highly authentic but a good deviation from the normal mass produced crap at most places.