“Not my favorite....pricey!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I like their food, but the menu is pricey and the portions (given Mexican) is very small. It is almost served as a "small plate" type entrée. They do have happy hour and some nice options for munching while partaking in a cocktail. We ate lunch here and our lunch was $25 without alcoholic cocktails. Too pricey for lunch....won't go back as the food was just average. I did like the chips and salsa that they serve as you sit down but if you want more chips and salsa to munch--they charge for the second batch--that is just cheesy! Better dining options in downtown....

1  Thank diamondbabydoll

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I heard a lot of good things about the other Mexican restaurants around town, but this one is definitely my favorite. I ordered the nachos to split with a friend, which was a good idea because they are HUGE, and they were amazing. Everyone else's food looked great too. They allow dogs on their patio which was a huge plus and made it worth the wait to get a table out there. Definitely go here over the other places if it's an option.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

After walking through downtown sopped to have a refreshing margarita and appetizers. The tortia soup was great, full of chicken.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Ordered a Taco salad-- got a glob of shredded beef and lots of lettuce my husband ordered a combination plate and was served one enchilada and one tortilla for $12.00
then another $3.50 for rice and beans bring lots of cash for this place

1  Thank Vikki T
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We decided to try something new and I LOVE Mexican food. We were downtown and we had not been to the Union Cantina before, so we choose that as our Lunch Stop. The place was EMPTY for the lunch hour (clue # 1) the Bartender was the server, the host etc. (clue#2) He was VERY nice and professional, he really knew the history behind the restaurant and you could tell he was proud of his establishment. So Customer Service was outstanding. We had our chips and salsa, the chips were fresh and hot and the salsa was okay, nothing to write home about (Clue #3) I ordered the Fajita's and they were pretty bland- Not what I expected at all. My daughter had a kids meal (at 8.99!!) and she did not finish it. It was pretty standard kid fare, but WAY overpriced in my opinion. Our bill was almost 30$ for a child and adult entrée and the food was not what I expected. I know of other places that may lack in atmosphere and decoration, but their food will make you think you are closer to Mexico than this place. We will not be going back sadly and I cannot recommend to anyone.

1  Thank MichiganMomma74