“Awful pancakes..”

Flap Jack Shack
Ranked #122 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pancake restaurant in Traverse City, MI.
Petoskey, MI
“Awful pancakes..”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The value here is good, but the pancakes were awful. It was like they had cornmeal in them. Service was fair, my husband got the wrong kind of toast but his food was fine aside from that.

Visited March 2013

“Yummy!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We Sat For Hours.... Enjoyed The View.... Enjoyed The Coffee (3 Cups)... Food Was Great.... Relaxing... Enjoyable.... No Pressure To Leave... Great Wait Staff.

Grand Rapids, MI
“Great atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place is like entering a time warp. The decor is wonderfully retro. The food was good, nothing that exciting, but we enjoyed the service tremendously.

Visited February 2013
Thompsonville, Michigan
“Good food, but interior needs updating”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After having driven by the colorful umbrellas outside all summer, we decided to stop in for dinner during the winter. I’d like to believe they were going for the retro look, but it comes off as being tired. The lamps are fun and funky, but the chairs are just plain dated and dingy.

My kids wanted to sit at the counter as they’ve never had counter service. It was in front of two televisions, but there was no sound. The rest of the restaurant was vacant sans one table at the dinner hour mid-week.

They serve breakfast all day and I ordered one of their skillets. My daughter got their Mac N Cheese lasagna, and my son the BLT. I’ve never had food served so hot! And my skillet held its temperature throughout the meal. It was flavorful with crispy bacon, fresh veggies, and those food-service cubed potatoes. I would have preferred fresh fried potatoes, but by no means did it ruin the dish. My son’s BLT was the biggest he has ever had; very fresh ingredients and served with pretty good fries. The lasagna, while horribly rich, was the ultimate comfort food. The meal could probably be split as it came with a color salad as well as the lasagna.

Our waiter was very friendly and sat down with us for a while talking about the restaurant, how busy it is for breakfast, and how calm it is for dinner and other local stuff. He was quite enjoyable and you could tell he enjoyed what he did.

I would certainly go back for breakfast, but the lunch and dinner menu were nothing special. Good food, good service, higher price-point that I thought it would have, and overall an acceptable meal. I think if some money was put into the décor and furnishings, it might find itself a wee bit busier.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great breakfast!! Food came very fast despite the restaurant being so busy. Same owners as the Omelette Shoppe and a few others. Very cool design inside-retro! Great service from our server.

Visited March 2013