“You HAVE to try this while in Traverse City!”
Review of Flap Jack Shack

Flap Jack Shack
Ranked #116 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pancake restaurant in Traverse City, MI.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place was so good that we ate here twice over a 3-day weekend in October 2012. The service was really good and the place had obviously been updated/renovated fairly recently. It was warm and cozy yet modern. The menu had something for everyone. My son tried the Reese's Flap Jacks and loved it! The portion size was huge and he couldn't finish it. I had the Strawberry Fields Salad and that, too, was really good - very fresh! My husband had the Corned Beef Hash and cleaned his plate.

Overall - great food for a very reasonable price, and great service. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I went several times to eat there. I think the prices are a bit high for a breakfast place but the portions are quite generous and hardy. I knew I could count on having a decent meal whenever I went there. I only ever ate the breakfast food so I can't comment on anything else.

1  Thank Rich M
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place will be perfect for anyone who likes a stick of butter with their meal. We went for breakfast and it was not good at all. The waitress was wonderful and they have a very nice view but i will not be back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Loved it! It's like a Brady Bunch roadtrip - in a good way! The vintage 70s decor is cool and clean. There's a nice view of the surrounding hills with a large deck for warm weather. Breakfast-all-day seems to be the specialty (but they did have sandwiches, salads, and something called "Fish in a Bag" that sounded interesting). Our pancakes and omelets were wonderful! Neither of us cared for the potatoes but the coffee was good and rich. Service wasn't overly friendly but no complaints and the food came quickly. Prices were quite reasonable. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

At the outset of my first visit, I was impressed by the attention to the kids in our group. Each of the kids was immediately given a simple plastic bag with animal crackers, a kids menu folded into a hat, crayons, and a moist towelette. Genius! The menu offered a wide range of options, changing my skillet to egg whites only was very reasonably priced, and the food was good. Nice, clean atmosphere with a great view and retro look. I will be back.