“Pretty Good.”

Flap Jack Shack
Ranked #125 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pancake restaurant in Traverse City, MI.
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good breakfast. Service was a bit slow (as they were not busy, this should have moved more smoothly).

Food was pretty good. Got the corned beef and hash... first time I got it where they combine the ingredients in-house... this makes it much less greasy and therefore healthier... it was alright.

Eggs were scrambled... they couldn't mess that up.

Pancakes were pretty good. I'm picky when it comes to my pancakes and they were really good. You don't need much syrup to complete these pancakes.

Order was done correctly and service was friendly.

Atmosphere was really nice... very old-schoolish and comfortable.

Would definitely go again and try an omelette (neighboring tables had these and they looked wonderful) and defiantly the pancakes again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had been here several times, but this was the first time I was here since they remodeled. I had surgery and after my 1/2 yr of recuperation, this was my first place to eat out....I did a breakfast brunch deal. The food I choose was excellent. Lots of it. No need to go away hungry.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Portions are very large and priced average. This seems like a chain restaurant in the quality of the food. The staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Best experience in a long time. We were seated and seemed like a long time before our waitress appeared. That was soon forgotten she apologized and then the fun began!
Amy (our waitress) is light years ahead of most wait staff I ever had. Great personality, freely gave her recommendations, returned often but not enough to be bothersome, and kept us laughing throughout.
Now on to the food.. To say it was great would be hard a tad above average would be accurate.
Since my wife order the baked pancake we knew it would take longer than normal. For those who order this specialty and don't read the caveat ( it will take longer) the service would seem slow.
We will go again. We will call before hand to make sure Amy is working..

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Breakfast was very attractive and tasty. Portions way too large. Staff didn't seem very organized, service was slow. A bit pricy. Great view from the large picture windows.