“Wonderful Breakfast”

Patisserie Amie
Ranked #19 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quaint French Bistro serving Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch and Weekend Bistro Dinners.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

A bit of Paris in Traverse City. The breakfast choices are all excellent. The Eggs Benedict is nicely prepared dish and the Hollandaise Sauce is superb. They also offer some unusual Crepes stuffed with all sorts of ingredients and each is a taste treat. In the summer, outdoor dining on the sidewalk helps to handle the increased traffic. A place best known to “locals”, but being also discovered by others.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went to this cute little French Bistro place for brunch on Sunday on the recommendation of our hotel manager! Chez Perfect! I love steak and eggs--so I ordered the filet mignon benedict ($14) and it was simply delicious. The eggs were poached to perfection, the filet was delicious and the ever so hard to make perfect hollandaise was incredible. This place is just off of Casse and Lake St (just a couple of minutes from downtown Front St, but off the beaten path). The service was a little slow, so be prepared to relax. Definitely a must if you are a benedict fan!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stopped in for a late breakfast and what a wonderful surprise. Crepes wonderful and waitress helped me decide on an amazing dish with couscous, poached eggs, vegatables and an amazing sauce. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary and wonderful this is the place.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Reviewed this a while back as a 'Hidden Gem". More recent visits have elevated it to one of my favorites in the TC area and a must on every trip to the north. Most recent visits were mostly for breakfast and all visits excelled in all areas. Coffee freaks can spend the day here making their way down an extensive list of choices.

Food has been consistantly good and quaint (I know that word can be scary..) atmosphere lend to a worthwhile experience. Check out their special dinners - I sure intend to!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

After reading several good reviews of this place here on this very site, we added it to our "let's try this place" list. Ken was our server and was very friendly. His first greeting to us was "Do you like peas?" Ha ha, not the usual greeting you'd expect. His purpose in the unexpected question was to inform us of the braised lettuce and peas omelet. That didn't quite sound appetizing to me, although I'm sure it would've been great if that's your thing. I opted for the French dip. I must say, the french fries were some of the best fries I've ever had. They looked like McDonald's fries but were simply out of this world good as far as fries go. Their shape made me wonder just how homemade they really were, but whatever they did between bag and plate was incredible. Fries. I never have talked so much about fries in a restaurant before. Now on to the sandwhich. It was good. The beef wasn't the tastiest I've ever had I'll be honest, but the sandwich as a whole, with their bread & their au jus sauce, was very good. I really was in the mood for a bowl of soup with my sandwich (it was that kind of day I guess), but all they had for their soup de jour was curry pumpkin. The title didn't thrill me at all, as I don't care for curry or pumpkin. I felt like being adventurous, after all, when in Rome...(or "Paris"). I tried a few bites and it was quite creamy and I could definitely see how -if you like those flavors- it would be delicious. I happened to not be a huge fan. Thankfully my wife loved it and said it was awesome as she gobble up every drop. I was more in the mood for a tomato or lobster bisque. Next time! My wife was intrigued by the braised lettuce & peas omelet, so she ordered it. She loved it. My wife is not a big eater, but she cleaned her plate from this omelet. She was quite happy with this little hidden gem of a bistro. I was too. I only wish they had a couple more soups to choose from! We will visit again.

1  Thank Huskee