“Great time!”

Tasty Morsel Culinary Excursions
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went in February and did the walking tour of Front Street. Lysa was friendly and knowledgible. I grew up not to far from the Traverse City area, and visited from time to time when I was a kid, but there were a lot of places that I would probably have never found if it wasn't for this tour. Some of the places are in fact chains/franchises, but they are still unique in there own way, and who really turns down free pie just because its a successful business and has other locations across the state. We had a great time and would love to go back and do one of the full day tours soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Lisa gave us a wonderful tour of Front St. and beyond.
We visited 6 businesses and sampled a different wonderful food or beverage each one. The cost of the tour covered all the samples. We also received an insulated bag.
Lisa was very informative, professional and personable, with a good clear speaking voice.
She is very familiar with the local food industry, and has good working relationship with the businessess she visits.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Of course, at least LIKING food helps! Lysa was great, personable and knowledgeable without being condescending. The shop owners were so helpful, answering my husband's dozens of questions (He is an engineer and always wants to know more). In the stores where the owners were a bit too busy to talk to us, Lysa knows as much or more than they do. We were amazed at just how fabulous vinegar could be in a shop we literary walked by several times the day before! So for those that commented that they could have done this themselves, I disagree- Lysa has put the leg work in for find all these special spots with special people and their stories for you to enjoy. Even in 95 degree heat we had a blast. It was well worth every dollar.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Save your money... Everything could have done myself, what else could I say..... Not impressed....

1  Thank Yvesg
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had never been to Traverse City prior to my Tasty Morsels tour - stupid since I lived in Michigan for 30 years, right? I took a full-day tour last summer and LOVED it! I know I would have never found all these interesting places to visit on my own, and really enjoyed hearing the owners of some of the establishments talk about what they do and how they do it. It was great to hear about the passion that drives these small business owners! The samples were awesome, and we stopped for lunch at a LOVELY place to eat right on the water (wish I could remember what it was called). Lysa, our tour guide, was very flexible to our needs and though we sort of maintained a schedule we were able to linger for a while at some of the stops. She is such an outgoing and fun person, we couldn't help but have a good time! I highly recommend this tour, even if you're familiar with TC you will probably learn plenty you didn't know about the town in the process!