“Don't waste your time and money”

Tasty Morsel Culinary Excursions
Ranked #28 of 51 Tours in Traverse City
Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time and money”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Our tour was extremely disappointing. We did the walking tour. It wasn't at all what we expected. Instead of visiting places and trying their products, we went to a traverse city based chain that is all over michigan, a local market, an oil and vinegar store, a chocolate shop, cherry store and a brewery. Our guide had less personality then the sidewalk we were walking on. Nothing on the tour couldn't be done yourself. The chocolate shop offered no samples, the guide simply paid the brewery for the samples. Save yourself the money, stop at the City Center place and get the foody brochure - you'll have a better time for way less money.

Visited December 2011
5 Thank Mike C
yum-e-gal, Owner at Tasty Morsel Culinary Excursions, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Mike,
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your tour. Most people find visiting all these stops, speaking to people who own the stores and make the products and learning the history of the businesses to be very interesting. And there's always something to taste at every stop. We strive to provide both information and samples that our customers will love. Please contact me at lysa@tastymorseltours and give us a chance to make it up to you. Perhaps, taking you on a route where there are more stops that cater to your specific taste.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Unique way to meet a city!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Took the Front St walking tour on a rainy Saturday. Loved almost all of the stops, but my favorite was Burritts Fresh Market. Shawn, the store employee gave us a thorough tour of a very impressive store. We got numerous samples of products that they make/sell. Lysa was a relaxed, knowledgable guide. She was able to offer some background and insight into each stop. Highly recommend this tour. I took 2 young teenagers, and they were really made a part of the trip, some tastings were adjusted for their age. Great overall experience!

Brighton, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food + great people = GREAT day!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I had the pleasure of spending an entire day with Lysa in July 2011. She introduced me and my friends to local businesses that are doing amazing things. There was a great mix of stops; a good schedule that was planned but also allowed flexibility. Not only was my tummy full at the end of the day, so was my heart and soul. I was inspired by the passion and the energy at each stop – the laughter, the beauty of the land and the products, the goodness of the people, products and care of our environment. I highly recommend Tasty Morsels and I look forward to my next trip!

1 Thank Jet32mi
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Tour”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I traveled to Traverse City with friends in July. One of my friends organized a tour with Tasty Morsel. I didn't know what to expect and found the whole experience to be so much fun. Lysa, the owner and our tour guide for the day, drove us to several destinations. We were able to meet the owners and other employees who definitely had a passion for the product they were making. Each person seemed more interesting than the last as we progressed on the tour. Lysa was very informative and she definitely seemed to enjoy what she was doing. The day was a blast. I want to go back but do the walking tour next time! I highly recommend the tour to both the foodie and the novice as I think both can enjoy.

1 Thank JMF1994
Traverse City, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC DAY!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

A bunch of my girlfriends took the driving tour around Lealanau Co. I asked for a custom tour so Lysa worked with me upfront to determine the locations we would visit and what we would do. I have lived here in Traverse City for 3 years and I had no idea the wonderful businesses and awesome business owners we have in the area. The tastes were scrumptious but even better was the discussions with each of the owners at the places we visited. We ended the tour with many take home goodies that made for a great dinner and beverages to reminisce about all we learned.

I definitely want to plan another tour to see more of the places I had to cross off my list due to time. There are so many wonderful places to visit in my backyard!

Thanks Lysa!!!