“Fun day on the lake”
Review of Nauti-Cat Cruises

Nauti-Cat Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: At 47’, the Nauti-Cat cuts through the water with a smooth, comfortable sail that first time sailors and longtime sail enthusiasts will enjoy. The 29’ beam allows plenty of space for up to 43 passengers to relax on the nets or sight see from the high and dry decks and seating areas. An on-board bar with specialty drinks, two restrooms and a friendly crew will make sailing with Nauti-Cat the highlight of your vacation. Snacks are complimentary on every cruise.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were able to get on the Happy Hour cruise last minute and really enjoyed our trip. Perfect for a relaxing day on the lake! Bar had plenty of options and local craft beer.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I were looking for something to do on the water with our three boys (3, 7, 11). We took the "kids cruise" at 10am because it only lasted a couple of hours and we figured they wouldn't lose interest that quickly. We found this to be a reasonably priced option and, what do you know, they serve drinks at 10am on a weekday!

They had Disney music playing for the kids (which I also enjoyed because I am a huge Disney geek). They also had bubbles, hula hoops, etc., to keep the kids entertained. The kids helped trim the sails and loved it. Obviously you need to keep an eye on the little ones, but the ride was smooth and the captain & first mate seemed very competent.

It was a gorgeous day with clear blue skies and a light wind. I would have stayed out there all day if it weren't for the kids! As a side note, I have a relative on the marine patrol in TC who said the locals call the boat the "naughty cat" unless it is the kids cruise. Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!

1  Thank Luv2TravelHistoricMI
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I don't want to give it a poor rating but agree with other reviews it that it was a bit of a disappointment. Likewise, not sure if it was the lack of wind but it was definitely more of a leisure float around the bay vice sailing Lake Michigan. Crew was great - just the "sailing" part was a bit of a bore. It is a great activity for young kids, though. The Capt even gave all the kids on board a chance to captain the vessel, which was real nice of him.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great time on the water. Made reservation last minute. Workers were all very courteous. Did the Happy Hour cruise. Would like to try their evening cruise sometime. Not for people looking for a lot of action, but great for a day on the water relaxing.

2  Thank Morristownannie
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We took a noon cruise on a beautiful day in late July. Our two teenagers were bored, but aren't they always? My husband and I thought the cruise was extremely relaxing. I'd read other reviews, so I knew that it moved slowly. My husband wished it would have moved a bit more quickly. The nets are also uncomfortable because you slide down -- they need to be flatter. But the other seats are comfortable and we chose to move around and meet other people. The drink prices were very reasonable. Our kids had soft drinks and we had beer and wine, and we probably didn't even spend $20. And for $25 per person to cruise, this is a steal -- everything in Traverse City is expensive and this was a very reasonable way to spend an afternoon. If we get back to the area, I'd like to take a sunset cruise without the kids.