WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Seattle
“real hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

if you're a road warrior you have to suffer the indifferent front desk slug at the chain hotels. not so at the sierra. connie and her family look after your needs and comfort. the place is spotless inside and out, good wifi and amenities. cozy would be the word. thanks connie, we'll be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BluesSeeker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I cannot wait for my next stay at Sierra. I looked at 7 places and what immediately impressed me was the friendly smiles from owner Connie and her son Hugo. My mouth just dropped open when I opened the door of my room as it was so clean I was afraid to step in :-) I liked that it is small as there was biker festival and I did not want to stay at bigger motel,/inns.Connie and Hugo were so accommodating and allowed me to check in early and Connie even called me to tell me room was ready. I cannot say enough . Only minor suggestions are to have do not disturb door sign and would trade my reclinerfor small round table and chairs to have my meals. Just adore this gem on the strip! London Tourist

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank drewrockstarr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Overall, great stay for multiple nights we were here. On Saturday night,windows open,nice summer breeze,quite,sleeping beautifully...then... from 2:30 am til 4:45am, son of owners or relative, living there, was sitting on chair in front garage has friends over, smoking,laughing, more drama than I can to know....since in upstairs room, they had no consideration for partons. Other nights restful sleep.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank maryannandgilligan
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Family-owned motel knows the meaning of old-fashioned customer service. Rooms were super clean and spacious - a good value for the area. The owner Connie went out of here way to accomodate guests staying there for 2 nights while participating in the week long League of Michigan Bicyclists Shorelne Bike tour including free use of the laundry facilities. We will definetly stay here again and can recommend the motel to other budget minded travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lee g
North Canton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sierra for two nights...it was very clean, comfortable, and easy access to Traverse City. We would definitely recommend this to others and also stay there again....the owners were very helpful in answering any questions we had....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

woww.. I was pleasantly surprised! Great value for the price. The room was excellently equipped with furnishings that were comfortable and newish and, microwave and refrigerator which is always a pleasure to have. They had a king sleep number bed with sanitized controls :0. The beds are new and very comfortable so the pillows, :) and the lighting isn't stark white as in some hotels. You feel like it's home.
I did not find the sleep number bed particularly comfortable but again I am really impressed with the cutting edge offering. There was ample parking right in front of the rooms!
Breakfast is a treat as it has everything you could want. That was soooooo nice! I rarely sleep well in a hotel and I slept pretty darned good! I loved that we got a free wi-fi and free breakfast as well. The room amenities is recently updated it. The Owners are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. I think it is very much a 3 star hotel for the "Price" but 5 star for accommodations and outstanding customer service. I am very picky about hotels and was not disappointed at all in this one. I have this hotel saved for future stays. This was an awesome value And for the price we paid, it was much better than expected!

Thanks Connie and Slim to make this Motel as our second home ;-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Grayslake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a small, family-owned motel. I was a little hesitant about staying here; but during Cherry Festival, there aren't a lot of options for last-minute travel. What a pleasant surprise! It was white-glove clean. We loved the fast, free Wi-fi and having a fridge in our room was great for all the wine we bought at the vineyards. Important: it had air conditioning (window unit) that quickly cooled the room, unlike hotels we encountered later in the week in Mackinac, where we died from the heat at double the price per night. The rooms are very dated--I thought I was spending the night in my parents' 1950s ranch with paneling and dark bathroom tile--but that made it fun. We even had two chairs on the porch, where we could sit at night enjoying our chilled wine. Most important to me was that it was SPOTLESS. The owner, Connie, couldn't have been more helpful. I highly recommend it and wouldn't even try to book anyplace else if we ever visit again.

Room Tip: We had a room near the road and didn't have any noise issues, though we had the window unit (air...