Sierra Motel
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$170
CambriaHotels
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$144
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
$130
$117
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$130
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$140
$129
$107
$101
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$100
$85
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$152
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
All reviewslarge personsuper clean roomsbath matfree wifilarge flat screen tvwatching tvstay there againplace to sleeptrip to traverse cityking beda great staymicrowavemichiganmirrordowntown
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sierra for two nights...it was very clean, comfortable, and easy access to Traverse City. We would definitely recommend this to others and also stay there again....the owners were very helpful in answering any questions we had....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

woww.. I was pleasantly surprised! Great value for the price. The room was excellently equipped with furnishings that were comfortable and newish and, microwave and refrigerator which is always a pleasure to have. They had a king sleep number bed with sanitized controls :0. The beds are new and very comfortable so the pillows, :) and the lighting isn't stark white as in some hotels. You feel like it's home.
I did not find the sleep number bed particularly comfortable but again I am really impressed with the cutting edge offering. There was ample parking right in front of the rooms!
Breakfast is a treat as it has everything you could want. That was soooooo nice! I rarely sleep well in a hotel and I slept pretty darned good! I loved that we got a free wi-fi and free breakfast as well. The room amenities is recently updated it. The Owners are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. I think it is very much a 3 star hotel for the "Price" but 5 star for accommodations and outstanding customer service. I am very picky about hotels and was not disappointed at all in this one. I have this hotel saved for future stays. This was an awesome value And for the price we paid, it was much better than expected!

Thanks Connie and Slim to make this Motel as our second home ;-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a small, family-owned motel. I was a little hesitant about staying here; but during Cherry Festival, there aren't a lot of options for last-minute travel. What a pleasant surprise! It was white-glove clean. We loved the fast, free Wi-fi and having a fridge in our room was great for all the wine we bought at the vineyards. Important: it had air conditioning (window unit) that quickly cooled the room, unlike hotels we encountered later in the week in Mackinac, where we died from the heat at double the price per night. The rooms are very dated--I thought I was spending the night in my parents' 1950s ranch with paneling and dark bathroom tile--but that made it fun. We even had two chairs on the porch, where we could sit at night enjoying our chilled wine. Most important to me was that it was SPOTLESS. The owner, Connie, couldn't have been more helpful. I highly recommend it and wouldn't even try to book anyplace else if we ever visit again.

Room Tip: We had a room near the road and didn't have any noise issues, though we had the window unit (air cond.) on.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patt H
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at the Sierra Motel on a Saturday night. We were in town for the Wine & Art fest. The room was very clean, but the decor was dated, and the bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable. The pillows were completely flat, and the bed was hard. The recliner in the room was more comfortable than the bed, although it didn't recline all the way.

The bathroom had a pocket door that didn't open and close very easily.

Room Tip: I've only stayed there once and it was a room on the first floor. Traffic is kind of noisy. Maybe second floor would have been better???
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night. Tried to find a low cost motel on the main drag, and this motel fit the bill. Room was large enough, with a nice large flat panel TV, refrigerator, microware and desk. This site had the fastest Wi-Fi of all the motels we stayed at in Michigan. It was under $100 and clean. Only complaint was the small bathroom. Tiny is a generous term. Don’t know if it’s the same size in all the other rooms, but it was okay for a one night stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple