“If you like Home Cooking, this place is a MUST!”

Little Bohemia - The West End Pub & Eatery
Ranked #72 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Est. 1932, Traverse City's 2nd Oldest Tavern, started as a hot dog stand with curb side service, outdoor seating, annual ritual of making sauerkraut, and a Speak Easy in the basement. One evening the owner was held up by a couple of Capone’s men, warning him he’d better get his liquor from Capone or else! They were chased off by an employee who was able to sneak to his truck and get his shotgun. Located in the heart of “Little Bohemia” the original owner named it in honor of the Bohemian community; expansions in 1933 and 1947 made it an icon and a premier destination in the city’s West End District. It also basks in the glory of Sir Walter Hagen. The golf legend made a daily stop to “hold court”, play bumper pool and have a few drinks. He lovingly referred to it as his “home away from home.” In 1961, Arnold Palmer won his 1st British Open win; he received a “congratulations” call from Walter Hagen; the call was made from Little Bohemia. Stop by and take in some great local history!
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ok, so the other night, we were driving around town trying to figure out where to dine. Red Ginger, Phils, Stella's? Been there, done that, all good but wanting something different. At that moment we were going past Little Bo's and we both said "why not"?

Boy are we glad we stopped! First, a glass of wine is truly a glass of wine. Our waitress said they pour 3 glasses per bottle, compared to 5 at most restaurants. I had the lasagna, my wife had the pork. I should say we both had half of each, because once I let her try my lasagna, it quickly disappeared!

The long and the short of it is that we had a total of 4 glasses of wine and two entree's and left paying just over $50 including a generous tip. Would have been closer to $100 had we eaten at the other restaurants mentioned. Was it good, yes, was it great? If you like food that tastes like it came from Grandma's oven, then yes, it was great.

Stop in and give Little Bo's a try, you won't be disappointed, unless you are on the stuffy side :)

3  Thank SeniorCheri

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great food and great service! The owner, Nancy gave us outstanding service and made us feel at home. My husband and I had the best burgers - fresh ground beef from Burritt's Fresh Markets, who are across the street. We even managed to save room for a VERY yummy cherry bread pudding for dessert! Overall, it was excellent!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had the Perch diner and it was the Best Perch I have ever had. We go to Traverse City a few times every summer and Little Bo's is the first Stop. What a great Pub. And a Great Owner !!! A MUST GO TO PLACE IF YOUR IN THE AREA.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Checked out T.A. for a good restaurant to go to in Traverse City for our anniversary. Decided on Little Bohemia because of the perch on the menu It's a nice place--lots of wood. We mentioned it was our anniversary and the waitress said they would throw in dessert. I ordered the perch lunch which was good but a little mushy. My husband ordered the turkey sandwich with cherry mayonnaise, and asked for the mayonnaise on the side. It came with it on the sandwich and the waitress apologized for forgetting to ask for it on the side. Then she asked if we wanted dessert. She forgot all about throwing in dessert for us. We decided not to mention it. She was friendly, but pretty forgetful, which was disappointing, but we didn't hold it against her (we tipped her well!).

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Traverse City from Canada. We were looking for a place to eat that wasn't a chain and that we couldn't get at home, we found the restaurant through the tripadvisor website. The reviews did not lie this place was amazing and the best meal we had all week. We had the calamari appetizer, the olive burger, a lil bo burger with beer cheese, and shared the cherry bread pudding for dessert. Our bill was around $40. We will definitely be coming back here on all our trips back to TC!!