Cambria Hotel Traverse City
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$150
$144
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$100
$86
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$152
HolidayInn.com
Hampton Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$139
Comfort Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$120
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
$130
$117
$119
$101
All reviewsking suitesitting areafree shuttlerooms are spaciouschoice hotelsfront desk staffflat screenshuttle servicewonderful hotelbusiness centerclose to downtowna great place to staycherry festivalmini fridgefree breakfaststaff was very friendlypool and hot tub
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed at the Cambria Suites in Traverse City over this past weekend and I can see why it is rated #1. I traveled with my mother and 2 sisters. Having the extra sitting area really made it nice. The breakfast buffet was great for the price ($7.95) and they made omelets to order. There were even some 'locals' in there for breakfast after church on Sunday. The staff was very friendly - they even sent a small bouquet of flowers to our room when they realized that we were celebrating my mother's birthday. We will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank VassarJean
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Love the place, I cant talk highly enough about this hotel. Great service, staff, rooms. Knowledgeable staff of the area. Great value for price. I will look to stay at the hotel in the future.Very accommodating. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No I don't work for the hotel either. LOL

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TCMNLIL
Reviewed September 10, 2010

**Don't forget to hit the Tripadvisor "check rates" button to get an idea of what's a good rate.
**I hit that button and discovered a great summer weekday rate on Choice's own website. I called Choice to book and THEY COULDN'T FIND THAT RATE-- SO try to BOOK ONLINE!
**I realized we wanted to extend through Friday, and I called Choice back and the extension raised my weeknight rate by 25%! as well as hitting me with a 60%! increase for the one weekend night. So, the kind rep suggested we do TWO reservations, one just for the Friday night.
Your lesson from this is to grab the great weekday deal online and make a separate reservation for your weekend night(s), or await your email specials and see if that gives you a good deal for your extension.
**To get the email specials, sign up to be a Choice member. The perk at this property is that when I asked for a late checkout, I was given a luxurious 2 PM!

**This is not on the beach and that was fine, since we went to a public beach and Sleeping Bear Dunes, plus did some downtown walking, and this was convenient.

**Breakfast is not included but you can take a bagel to go at a decent price. There is also nearby an Omelet store and Grand Traverse Pie Company, neither of which I tried.

** There is internet.
**There is a coin laundry room onsite. Several people line up to use the one washer/dryer to clean their beach duds.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Room was pretty nice, only complaint would be the A/C unit, even when turned down, it made a humming noise of varying pitch, quiet, but noticable. Two TV's were nice. Room was clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Nice place, great lobby, parking lot a little tight, but usable. Breakfast was good, and inexpensive, but for the price of the room I would think it could have been complimentary. Coffee was free, but if you wanted something as simple as a glass of juice, you had to buy the entire breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank michigander311
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I picked this hotel over the many others nearby (mostly resorts) along the bay with private beaches, because the others had mixed reviews that Cambria did not, and the price here was much lower. A nice room, as reviewers more consistently described were at the Cambria, is important to us. A spectacular view is too, but room quality and price trumped the other hotels. I agree with the positive comments of other reviewers, as well as a couple negative comments. The negatives are the noisiness of the AC system and inconsistency of housekeeping. The rooms are very clean, but there was a day or two when our coffee and paper product supplies were not replenished, and we had to make requests for them. Although I didn't notice dirty surfaces where it's most important (places we touch, like the bathroom floor and counter, which I'm picky about), there were some neglected spots, like the mirror frame and under the vanity/table. No big deal. The decor is cool, the king bed is comfy, the separate sitting are is nice, the bathroom is large with plenty of extras. The noise, however, can be a deal breaker. I asked for a quiet room, so they put us on the top floor, but they placed us in a room facing the busiest street in town. Loud traffic and a whistling, rumbling AC disturbed our sleep.

Don't discount the cafe on-site. The $8 all-you-can-eat full breakfast is a great bargain, and dinner there was surpisingly good. The man serving dinner was really nice and friendly. The Mac & Cheese was very buttery and tasty, and the pizza was reasonably good. Plus, you can return quickly to your room after a meal there to rest or freshen up, and put your leftovers in the frig for later. You can borrow a plate from the cafe to reheat the food in your micro. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. Reviewer sunbaby40 paid $300/night a few weeks before we got there, but we averaged under $200, even after fees (if you are so unhappy with the hotel, why the decent rating?). Reviewer blootnik complained about parking, but we found spaces easily at all hours. When spaces along the entrance side filled up, we parked by the condos at the end of the lot (we asked at the desk if that was OK first, and we were told the hotel owns all of the property surrounding the hotel where there were plenty of spaces). I would consider staying again, but in a quieter room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple