“Good overall.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisville, Michigan
“Good overall.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The setting of this hotel really is not very good. However, everything else about the place is great. Clean, friendly staff, large size soaps in the room. Good gym and reasonably nice pool. The bar and restaurant is convenient too. The fireplace in the foyer, on a cold day, is great! We'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Razinski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We found everything about this hotel to be very good to excellent. Check-in was easy and pleasant. Staff was helpful and cheerful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Lobby and public areas were clean and modern. We had a king suite with a sofa bed and it was plenty big for two adults and one child. The TVs worked, remotes worked, etc. Just an exceptional hotel for the money and one we consider to be a good value. Here's a tip we didn't know until we arrived: they run a shuttle downtown throughout the day. This is excellent if you don't want to fight the limited parking downtown or want to go bar hopping a bit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michigantraveler05
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at Cambria Suites Traverse City on business as a flight crew member and was delighted with the lovely, comfortable suite. The layout and decor is very spacious and relaxing, far superior to the average hotel. Next night, different hotel, I discovered that I was short a jacket that I must have left behind because I got so relaxed that I spread out all over the suite. In spite of the fact that it was 7 PM the next night, my phone call to Cambria Suites got a personal response from Ryan at the front desk who transferred me to Jean in the lost and found department. Within 5 minutes I was able to locate my lost jacket and arrange to have it mailed back to my home. That's a beautiful, comfortable hotel with a terrific staff! What more could anyone want?!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tricia W
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Traverse City. We appreciate
your comments and I will pass on your compliments to my staff regarding your
happiness with our service. We look forward to accomodating you on your next flight
in to Traverse City. Thank you again.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a great hotel. The night I stayed they had live jazz. Dinner and breakfast were both very good and the hotel staff was very friendly. I've only been able to stay in two Cambria Suites before and both were great!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Traverse City. We appreciate
letting us being able to accomodate you. Thank you for your generous comments
and we were happy that you were able to enjoy the live Jazz during your stay. It is
becoming more and more popular. Thank you again.
Bangkok
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I travelled with my daughter to Traverse city on February and spent 1 night at this excellent hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful. The room is very clean and really nice. There is a 24-hour gym facilities and pool which is well-equipped. There is also a shuttle bus that can drive you to down town or otehr places. I also highly recommend to have a breakfas at hotel which is very nice and reasonable price. I wil definitely come back during ny next visit to Traverse city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sittipunt
Saint John, Indiana
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for an early Valentine's Day week-end. I picked the place because of its number 1 rating and was not disappointed. I don't know if I ever stayed in a cleaner room. The staff was very professional and couldn't wait to help you. My wife loved the ambience of the hotel and of Traverse City itself. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the downtown shopping area. The rooms were nicely decorated and very quiet . We were on the road side and heard some traffic but not much. Great place to stay !

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuxmanjohn
Michigan
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here recently due to a promotion we received from American Express. I was very skeptical becuase I had no experience with the hotel and the AMEX discount was 75% off up to 2 nights. We ended up in a great room ( I think we got a free upgrade ); the service and staff was fabulous. Friendly and very very helpful. Rooms were quiet although I know they had plenty of guests. I used the fitness center and found it well equipped and clean if a little warm I, personally did not enjoy the Wolfgang Puck in room coffee but am sure others would find this fine. The only thing that concerned me was that when we got there, there was snow on the sidewalks and the parking lot hadn't been cleared. This was cleaned up by the time we got up in the morning tho, so I suspect the contractor hadn't gotten to them yet when we arrived. Staff saved us a booklet of coupons and information on the local ski resorts as they knew we were in the area for that. This hotel has a free shuttle to downtown so you don't have to drive - we didn't use it but I thought it was a nice perk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family