WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a great hotel. The night I stayed they had live jazz. Dinner and breakfast were both very good and the hotel staff was very friendly. I've only been able to stay in two Cambria Suites before and both were great!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jack B, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Traverse City. We appreciate
letting us being able to accomodate you. Thank you for your generous comments
and we were happy that you were able to enjoy the live Jazz during your stay. It is
becoming more and more popular. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I travelled with my daughter to Traverse city on February and spent 1 night at this excellent hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful. The room is very clean and really nice. There is a 24-hour gym facilities and pool which is well-equipped. There is also a shuttle bus that can drive you to down town or otehr places. I also highly recommend to have a breakfas at hotel which is very nice and reasonable price. I wil definitely come back during ny next visit to Traverse city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sittipunt
Saint John, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for an early Valentine's Day week-end. I picked the place because of its number 1 rating and was not disappointed. I don't know if I ever stayed in a cleaner room. The staff was very professional and couldn't wait to help you. My wife loved the ambience of the hotel and of Traverse City itself. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the downtown shopping area. The rooms were nicely decorated and very quiet . We were on the road side and heard some traffic but not much. Great place to stay !

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuxmanjohn
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here recently due to a promotion we received from American Express. I was very skeptical becuase I had no experience with the hotel and the AMEX discount was 75% off up to 2 nights. We ended up in a great room ( I think we got a free upgrade ); the service and staff was fabulous. Friendly and very very helpful. Rooms were quiet although I know they had plenty of guests. I used the fitness center and found it well equipped and clean if a little warm I, personally did not enjoy the Wolfgang Puck in room coffee but am sure others would find this fine. The only thing that concerned me was that when we got there, there was snow on the sidewalks and the parking lot hadn't been cleared. This was cleaned up by the time we got up in the morning tho, so I suspect the contractor hadn't gotten to them yet when we arrived. Staff saved us a booklet of coupons and information on the local ski resorts as they knew we were in the area for that. This hotel has a free shuttle to downtown so you don't have to drive - we didn't use it but I thought it was a nice perk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, immaculately clean. Staff exceptionally helpful. However I had an extremely difficult time sleeping. The linens and pillows were uncomfortable. I checked out the labels on the pillows and found that they were a cotton polyester blend. For a hotel of this caliber, I would hope that they would have high quality bedding. While I loved the other amenities, a good nights sleep is what I desire most.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joancone
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stay at the Cambria often when I travel to Traverse City for business. I love that the pool/hot tub are available 24 hours, love the complimentary hotel shuttle (yes, you can have them drop you off downtown and they will come back and pick you up), love the rooms. Beds are comfortable, soft but firm, quality bedding, plenty of good pillows. The separate sitting room and desk in the king room I stay in is appreciated. Minifridge and microwave are nice. The bathrooms are beautiful, all tile and with a modern feel, plenty of towels and toiletries. Everyone at the front desk is very friendly and ready to assist. I spent more than ten years in hospitality and can vouch for the very, very clean rooms and property in general. Is centrally located as well to downtown and area beaches/attractions. Good value and super nice rooms!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank astrawberrypointe
Birmingham, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at Cambria Suites for a quick overnight trip to Traverse City. This was my fourth visit to the property, so I thought I shoud take the time to write a well-deserved rave review. The Cambria Suites is not the lowest rate in town, but it always worth any extra cost. The hotel is clean, well-appointed and has lots of extras, like a mini market and restaurant in the lobby. There is even a nice gathering area with couches and a fireplace. It was only two degrees when I arrived on Sunday, and you could sit by the fire and watch the NFL divisional championship games on a large HD television. If you prefer to just relax in your room, you won't be disappointed. The rooms are very spacious, with a sitting area as well as microwave and mini refrigerator. The bathroom is beautiful - awesome shower - not the typical tub with a curtain that you get most mid-range hotels. Also, the staff is always friendly. A couple years ago on a different trip to Traverse City, I was stranded with my children by a dead battery about 15 miles away from the property. Cambria Suites sent their courtesy van (which can take you around town) to rescue us! It's nice to know that the staff is dedicated to keeping their guests safe and happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple