“Great Labor Day Week End”

Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the Cambria Suites in Traverse City for 2 nights over the Labor Day Holiday. The staff were very nice to recommend restaurants that were fabulous. The room on the first floor was close to the breakfast buffet and we enjoyed the bar in the evenings. Great hotel. I really recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Traverse City,

Room Tip: The first floor is close to everything.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron B

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at a nearby hotel and decided to try Reflect for dinner. We were happy with the look of the place, but our happiness was short lived. There was one other couple in for dinner,leaving just 4 of us to wait on. The waitress was nice, but the food was slow to come out. We ordered the pretzel lollipops and they were cold! When we asked for them to fix it, the cook simply warmed them up...didn't recook, rewarmed!

On to the rest....the salad was delicious,even though it was over priced.

My wife ordered maple glazed salmon and I ordered steak. Fast forward 30 minutes when we were served, and it was a mess. My steak was so over cooked that it was hard like a hockey Puck. Her salmon was over cooked and the serving size for the price ($17) was ridiculous. The veggies were ok.

Overall, the service was good, but the food was terrible. I do not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
7  Thank MrsTMH123
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is very clean. The front desk staff are extremely knowledgable and friendly. Cambria Suites is 5 minutes from downtown Traverse City and the center of Front Street. It is also a good deal compared to their competitors. I will certainly go there again which I plan to do next year. End of September is a great time to visit Traverse City. Groups are gone and temperatures are perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hans M
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I actually am writing this from the hotel because I am extremely happy with this accomodation!

The room (actually roomS) are smartly decorated and full of touches that have made doing business on the road easier. These include a very workable and comfortable desk, with great lighting, very available wireless, electric outlets that are not only accessible, but actually within arms length, and a wall mounted electronic strip with ports (audio, video) leading to the television in the leisure area. (There is also a television in the bedroom.)

A walk-in closet off the bedroom means clothes are out of the way, too. And the refreshment area contains a coffeemaker (Wolfgang Puck coffee), larger-than-mini refrigerator, and microwave.

It is the large bathroom, though, that I love the best. Huge walk-in glass-enclosed shower, large sink area with a vessel sink, large number of towels, and the most wonderful smelling and sudsing bath products (from Bath & Body Works),

My didn't patronize the bar or restaurant, as we had reservations elsewhere, but saw many people enjoying them.

Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly, as well. As are most people in this great town!

I used to have my favorite hotel in T.C. Well, it can just move on over, as I have my new fave!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lu0911
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Came to Traverse City (TC) for a family getaway. This place had great reviews so we went with it. I'm happy to say the glowing reports are true.
The room, rather the suite, was well-appointed. Mom (me!) loved the bathroom and relaxing in the 'living room' while the rest of the family watched TV near the beds.
The restaurant was small but delicious. We all loved the breakfast buffet-even our 8 year-old. And dinner was fabulous. Recommend the pretzel lollipops for an appetizer.
Would we come back? Absolutely! Either a parent's retreat or family vacation. Cambria Suites fits the bill either way.
BTW pack workout gear - nice fitness area and pool/spa.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Patobello
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the busiest time of the summer (Cherry Festival and the 4th of July), and I was VERY surprised at how quiet the rooms are. Very nicely appointed rooms, fabulous housekeeping, friendly and attentive help at the front desk. I'm sorry I no longer remember individual names, but every single front desk clerk was GREAT. From making sure I got the exact room that I wanted instead of just the "right category," to making restaurant suggestions, to helping with printing at the business center, the front desk staff was the best. The other outstanding thing about this hotel (for me) is the gym. It was spacious and very well appointed. Even if four or five others were working out, it did not feel crowded in the least. The air conditioning made this my favorite place to hang out during the hottest parts of the day. While the hotel is not within easy walking distance of downtown Traverse City, they do have a free shuttle that will take you there and also pick you up. It is within bicycling distance of everything. The breakfast is a good value because it is fresh, varied, plentiful and freshly cooked to order. Finally, just off the lobby is a small shop with only the very best souvenirs from the best vendors, like Moomer's ice cream and chocolate clusters with dried cherries. Moomer's is a long way from Traverse City (worth it, by the way) and I could just go downstairs to the lobby for the best cherry ice cream ANYWHERE. This is an expensive hotel, so look for special deals on the CHOICE Hotels website and book way in advance. I paid nowhere near the "rack rate."

Room Tip: They say that because of the way the hotel is angled away from the main road, they are all quiet. B...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mamayogini
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our son's wedding took place in Traverse City and this was the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great service, clean, good food and exceptional staff. Can't say enough about the Cambria.

The Cambria provided a shuttle to the wedding and all went well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family