“One of my most comfortable nights on the road.”

Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Cambria Suites is a great business hotel...it also seems like a great place to vacation too! I got my computer out , hooked up to their convenient hook-up at the desk and within seconds was on the internet. You can also print directly from your room to the printer in the business center. The whole suite works for me. With the couch and foot stool/table in front of one of the flat screen tvs (of course with all the digital video hookups should you need it for work), I was able to sit and relax before going to my comfortable bed. For those who like to watch tv from bed, there's an even larger tv in front of the bed. Reasonable breakfast and latte each morning. Just a nice place to stay!

Room Tip: I always ask for away from the elevator and ice machine. And this was.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have enjoyed staying with Cambria in the past- mainly because they are new, clean, and have king beds with decent prices- so I thought the traverse city location would be a safe choice... I was right- almost. The front desk staff was friendly & accomodating, the room was clean & well appointed. My problem began with this hotel when I called down for 'In-Suite Dining' (as its advertised in the room) I ordered a salad & a pizza. When the pizza arrived- it tasted funny- like the cheese was bad- so I called down to the dining staff. When I explained my problem- the lady repeated my issue with sarcasm and laughed out loud at me! WOW! Then she said- so what do you want? A refund? You want me to take it off the bill? I answered yes and she said she'd see what she could do! I was so taken back by her sarcasm and complete lack of concern and outright rudeness- I don't know that any amount of friendliness that could have made up for it! Besides some noise from unsupervised children- our stay was uneventful after that... Still, the whole stay was tainted by that one instance- and I may never go back to that location again. What a waste- for a clean, otherwise pleasant hotel to be ruined by one bad apple!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Adam_Mandy
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We tend to like really luxurious hotels (see my past reviews) and were so happily surprised by the quality of this lovely hotel in TC. Our room was spotless! It was large and quiet! The parking was great. Check in was simple! No complaints here...only accolades! My only wish was that it would have been on the beach...but I would 100% plan on staying here again...in fact I will next year at the same time!

Reviewed July 20, 2011

The staff at Cambria Suites couldn't be more accommodating! Everyone of them treated us as if we were the most important people in the world! Nobody had a bad attitude. EVERYONE communicated very clearly,including housekeeping! They were all cheery. Even early in the morning! The room was spacious and very well furnished.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at the Cambria for an Anniversary weekend and it is easy to see why it is #1 on TA. This is a great Hotel. Very beautiful, very comfortable and close to all the attractions!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We had a fantastic 2 night stay with 3 adults and 2 kids in a 2 queen room. The suite was more than accommodating for our large crew. This hotel does just the right job of balancing the needs of a business class hotel with the needs of a family on vacation. For example: the rooms were very quiet; there was free wired and wireless access in the room; the cleaning staff was top notch; and the gym was great for a hotel. Additionally, being right off of the Northwestern Michigan College campus gave me beautiful and relatively traffic free paths for running. The breakfast is not free, but is a great value for the quality.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

The best hotel in Traverse City area. Although the Cambria does not have the amenities of the aging Grand Traverse Resort or Park Place, it makes up for it in the quality of the property. Rooms are clean, modern and spacious and the staff is accomodating and professional.
Only complaint is that the breakfast buffet is not included in the rate; charging $7.95 per person for the buffet, seems to be nickel and diming guests paying well over $200.00++ a night.