“Mexican Food in TC”

Cuisines: Mexican
Grand Blanc MI
“Mexican Food in TC”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We ordered Fajitas (Chicken and beef, chicken and shrimp.) The meat was cut into very tiny, tiny strips. The beef was tough in many spots. The shrimp was generous in quantity and the salsa was good. We thought the salsa had a "kick" to it and they did not have any mild salsa. The waitress recommended using sugar or sour cream to mild it down. I liked it, but my husband thought it was a bit to much kick. The chips were good. The decor reminded me of our travel to different parts of Mexico.

Visited January 2013

Bellaire, Michigan
“great food and service”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have never been disappointed, whether dining with family, or stopping for a quick meal by myself after taking care of errands, shopping, etc. in TC. Their steak fajitas are excellent, and service is fast and very pleasant.

• Visited November 2012
Livonia, Michigan
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always try to stop in for a meal whenever I am in the Traverse City area. Have been there numerous times over the years. They have a particularly delicious white cheese sauce that I have never found elsewhere. Inexpensive too.

• Visited September 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Still Best in TC...”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We've actually been back a few times since my last review, but those trips were just to get some of their delicious tamales. Last night was an actual dinner, so I thought it deserved another mention, especially since - in our opinion - the Agave is easily the best Mexican restaurant in town, or in the area. As always, service was prompt, with menus, crunchy chips, and salsa delivered almost immediately after being seated. As several others have noted, the salsa is mild. Can't believe we're the only ones who understand about not overpowering a guest, whether at home or out to dinner, but I will again note there are several varieties of bottled salsa at each table when you want to up the ante. No problem at all making our dishes as hot as we like. And those dishes were very tasty. She had a burrito fajita, and I just couldn't resist - Another order of choripollo (house-made chorizo, chicken strips, cheese, and more)provided that I promise to share. While the burrito was very good, the choripollo is hands-down one of the best dishes around, and one of the best Mexican plates we've ever had. And it's been that way each time we've tried it. Anyway, both were around $9 each, check brought almost as soon as I asked for it, and we left satisfied and happy. We'll be back.

• Visited November 2012
Brookfield, WI
“Good food and they fast!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had lunch at Agave on a recent trip to Traverse City, the food was fast and very tasty. Will definitely return....

Visited October 2012