“Much better than I expected”
Review of Phil's On Front - CLOSED

Phil's On Front
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I dined here with three colleagues. The decor is kind of casual so I was a bit surprised at the menu selections. The wine list is slight, a couple of good wines but not extensive at all. We started by ordering the crab and shrimp risotto to share as an appetizer. Very nice, I little on the dry side, but that could be because of the parmesan cheese melted in. It was very, very tasty. Salads were good, standard fare. The wedge salad was a little heavy with the bleu cheese dressing. The chapon salad was more or less a ceasar. For entrees we ordered a sirloin, surf and turf, le duo (quail and filet), and chicken picatta. Silence ruled as we chowed down. Everyone was quite happy with their order. I had the picatta and I have to say, that could be the one of the best I have had. The chicken was a breast rather than medallions, but it was tender and tasty. Definitely a place to return to.

There are newer reviews for Phil's On Front

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Have always been so pleased with my fish choice. Comfortable to dine at the bar too...in fact I think it is the best place. Walleye is amazing. Music at night lights s the place up. A little pricey but extremely high quality.

1  Thank DebSeoul
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We ate at Phil's during our visit to Traverse city. Phil's is a popular Reataurant I would reccomend that you reserve at tabls in advance.

The food and service were both very good.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This bistro is worth a visit! An intimate air about it, that makes you feel comfortable. The food is exquisite, with menus changed regularly. This allows the chef to create dishes that are rarely experienced in other dining places. On my visit I had the Duo which is quail and filet with a reduction wine sauce with risotto. Portions are generous .

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were a party of seven to eat in this restaurent. Our party had mixed reviews about the food.
Appetizers:
Crab puffs: crabs were fishy, not good quality
Calarmi fries: good but different than traditional fried calarmi
Fish pate: too expensive but good

Dinners:
Walleye was very good
Quails were disappointing, skin not crispy and did not taste good
Chucky chicken was well received
Steaks were average

There was only one stall in the lady room. There was a line waiting all night. Not cool!

Do I want to go back? No! There are too many better restaurants in the area.

1  Thank geffect95