“astronomy adventure 2009”

Tall Ship Manitou - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us aboard the 114' SCHOONER MANITOU as we ply the sparkling waters of Grand Traverse Bay. Sailing out of Traverse City, MI, Manitou offers three two hour sails per day as well as an adventurous "Floating Bed and Breakfast" package.
Flushing, Michigan
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“astronomy adventure 2009”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I went on the astronomy cruise. I don't know that I have ever seen my husband smile so much. It was so relaxing and stimulating at the same time. The crew was wonderful as was the food. Learned so much and had a super time!!!!!!!

2 Thank mildredmaud
TallShipManitou, Owner at Tall Ship Manitou - Day Tours, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
Thank you! We agree with you, this is the most relaxing vacation that a person could have. Check out this year's Astronomy Cruise. We are welcoming well know Northern Michigan astronomer, Bob Moler. He has several decades of experience and is best known for his public radio contributions.

Chillicothe, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best vacation we ever had!”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was the most wonderful vacation we have ever had. It was fun, relaxing, & educational all at once. A 4-day cruise on the Manitou is the best stress reliever I have ever found. We loved the Captain and the entire crew so much we wanted to take them home with us. The food was wonderful - the meals alone were worth the trip! We enjoyed it so much we are coming back for the Wine-Tasting Windjammer cruise this September. Once was not enough!

The Steckel Family

1 Thank CSteckel
We're so glad that you had a great experience on the 4-day Windjammer cruise, "C." You'll be happy to know that Cheyenne and Kara will once again be aboard, and wait until you taste the cooking by our chef, Desiree. She is fantastic! We'll see you in September...........Capt. Dave
Mansfield, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth another visit or two and planning as I write!”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I was not excited initially to do this tour but my friend wanted to. Then at the last minute she cancelled and I went alone. As soon as I got to the ship, my attitude changed. The staff welcomed me and kept me entertained while I enjoyed the sailing. The ice cream was also yummy. Capt Chey and the rest of the crew, were polite , friendly and made the trip more fun. I was so taken by the experience that I am coming back and bringing my husband to be and also my son for a sailing. I highly recommend the experience and it is a must see stop if you are in Traverse City.

2 Thank MCSpeelman
Thank you so much for your kind words! We all do our best to give folks a fun and "authentic" experience on the water. We look forward to sailing with you soon; Sunday, I think? FYI, Capt. Chey and I will be talking today.
Michigan
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Time Sailing on the Bay”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We always have a great time Sailing on Grand Traverse Bay onboard the Largest Double Masted Schooner sailing on the Great Lakes "The Schooner Manitou". The crew is fantastic! Sit back, relax and soak up the sun. Great activity for a couple or a family.

2 Thank MIRockHunter
Muskegon, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had an absolute blast!”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

20 knots sustained with gust to 40 :-). Now that's sailing! Our family of 4 had a wonderful time and hope to go at least once a Summer. Great, fun crew makes it that much better.

The Green Family