“Most Romantic Spot in Michigan”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Detroit, MI
“Most Romantic Spot in Michigan”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We have stayed at Chateau Chantal a few times in the past, and have also attended the Wine Immersion Weekend. It has ALWAYS been a perfect get away. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The breakfasts are wonderful. The ambiance is unsurpassed in Michigan.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Clare, MI
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I went in winter time, as a guest of a guest. This is such a nice place to stay, whether in teh middle of winter (like I did) or when the trees are in full bloom in spring, or any time for that matter. The rooms are modest, not excessive or cheap, but comfortable, and themed. The wines made here are fantastic, this is not a run-of-the-mill winery, it is top notch. Free samples in the tasting room, two fireplaces with comfy sofas to hang out with your friends, or meet new friends. A piano, Very large dining room w/ a wonderful view, which serves an amazing breakfast, and the owners are sure to visit you and talk to you about your stay, very nice older folks who actually care about you, their guest. And let's not forget Bill. What an amazing guy, so funny, so caring, really wants you to have a good (and memorable, thanks to him) time. Ask him to do his Chris Farley impression, it's spot-on! I have never had such an experience as here. To top it all of though, it was a blizzard both nights I stayed, and the fireplace near the tasting room was just roaring. Something about, great wine, a cozy fire, and a blizzard outside that just makes it all perfect.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Huskee
Mid Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Chateau Chantal happens to be my wifes favorite winery in Traverse City Michigan. So I decdided to surprise her with a stay at the B and B. Not only was she surprised, but so was I. What a beautfiul location, freindly staff, great breakfasts, wonderful tour, and just an all around amazing place to celebrate 14 years of marriage. The proprietiers live right on site, and visit with each guest personally. Bob and Nadine are amazing. I highly recommend staying here at least once. Thanks for the great memories.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StevenMidMichigan
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Great location, East bay views for Sunrise breakfast & West Bay sensational Sunset wine sipping on the Patio.My wife & i stayed here over the 4th of July weekend, the weather was great, We can highly recommend the wineries of the mission peninsula & also the nearby Leelaneau peninsula, apart from CC we can suggest Peninsula cellars & Shady Lane. Weenjoyed the great breakfasts preapred by "Remy" & the excellent Tapas tour. We stayed in the Van Gogh room which has great sunset views & is very nicely decorated, Winw ise we can highly recommend the Dry Reisling, the 2007 Cabernet Franc & The Celebrate Sprakling wine.
Some things do need to be improved, CC is not achaep B&B, you are likely to pay over $250 per night & check in & out should be more professional, that said my criticsm is only in regards to the price point, otherwise this is a romantic, delightful weekend retreat. One must is dinner at the boatyard nearby in Bowers Harbor & do ask for Claudine at CC wibne tasting , she is ver ypleasant & knows a lot.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Njhammers
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed at Chateau Chantal for three nights June 14-17. It was our first little getaway since our son was born, and we wanted a place that was both romantic and relaxing. We chose Chateau Chantal because of its close proximity to my mother's house in Ohio. I would not have looked in this area otherwise, but now I am so glad that we did! What a hidden treasure! I said throughout the trip that northern Michigan is one of the most beautiful places I have seen, and that the Michigan tourism board should do much more to promote it to the rest of the country. Being a Georgian, I am certain that most people who live in the southeast and other regions of the country are unaware of all there is to see up there.

Chateau Chantal offered us near perfect accomodations. Not only is the property breathtakingly gorgeous, but we found the people there (both guests and employees) to be warm and engaging.

We stayed in the Van Gogh suite, and we were very pleased with it. We also had an opportunity to see the inside of many of the rooms, and I really don't think you could go wrong. They were all lovely and very comfortable looking.

Breakfast each morning was nothing short of delicious. Each morning we were there, something different was offered, and the presentation was beautiful. Guests are greeted individually, tables are fully set with linens, silverware and nice dishes, coffee carafes are on the table full of freshly brewed coffee, and orange juice is served in champagne flutes. Guests have their choice of where to sit, including outdoor seating -- which I highly recommend. The views of the vineyard are stunning!

The winery offers a tapas tour to both guests and visitors. We did not take part in this, but I heard from everyone who did it that it is fantastic. We chose not to do it because our time was limited and we really wanted to explore the Mission and Leelanau peninsulas. Whichever you choose -- you cannot go wrong. Our excursions were absolutely fantastic with gorgeous scenery everywhere we looked.

Some things that I found to be particularly special about Chateau Chantal are: the beautiful and expansive grounds, the intimacy of the B&B, the after hours access to the tasting room, the honor system (which we found was very well respected by the guests), the gournet breakfasts, the water views from both sides of the building, the terrace where we sipped wine each night, the looooong summer days (the sun did not fully disappear until almost 11pm), the fridge in the room (necessary to store some wine), and the large jacuzzi tub.

The B&B is very close to some interesting attractions (such as the Mission Point Lighthouse) and short driving distance to so many scenic areas (such as Leland's Fishtown and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Shoreline). These were some of our favorites. There is also no shortage of great restaurants. We were faced with a decision each night we were there as to where we would go! I recommend the Old Mission Tavern. What a cute, quaint place! It's also very close to CC.

If I had to say one thing that could have made the trip better, it would have to be that a king sized bed in our suite would have been nice. However, the queen sized bed that we had was perfectly comfortable. :-)

All in all, Chateau Chantal offers so much to its guests. We had a very memorable stay there, and to say that the Traverse City area exceeded our expectations would be a huge understatement. It has to be one of the prettiest areas in America! We loved every minute!

I can't say enough good things about CC. We had a fantastic time, and I would love to return one day.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dollarsgirl
Houma, LA
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My husband and I travel alot and some places you just want to tell everyone about.
Chateau Chantal is one of those places. What a nice place, awesome atmosphere, great hospitality, and a place you want to visit again. I doubt anyone could be disappointed in staying here!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The true " Jewel " of the north and 45th in northern Michigan wine country. The warmth and comfort of the rooms, personable workers, staff and gracious hosts Bob and Nadine along with pampered breakfasts provide an experience second to none. Great people and wines with excellent accomodations and location, location.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple