“family reunion”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Windjammer On The Lake
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a family reunion at Windjammer in August and were delighted at the accommodations. My husband and I stayed in the more primitive cabin (#4) and it was just like old times up North. The cabin had everything you'd need but nothing fancy. Other members of the family stayed in more upscale cabins including the spacious lodge. Everyone was happy with the cabins and found the caretakers, Theresa and Keith delightful and helpful. Lots of kayaks and a nice little beach along with a campfire site entertained a wide range of ages. We were surprised at all the loons on the lovely lake. That was a treat. We enjoyed a family dinner at nearby Peegio's restaurant (great pizza! and yummy pot roast dinner too). everything xceeded all our expectations and very close to Traverse City.

Room Tip: Choose cabins 5-9 if you want more upscale accommodations. Cabin nine is farther from the lake up t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed in the large log cabin in August 2013. Check in time is at 4pm (which is a little late) and so we stopped at a beach on the way to Traverse City. We ended up arriving at the cabin at about 5:30pm. When we went to go into the cabin, there was a guy in there on his laptop who had clearly been staying there. He asked which cabin we were checking in to, and we said the one that he was sitting in. He said "are you sure?" Yes, it's the only cabin that looks like this and it's the most expensive one, we are sure. He goes and gets the property manager, Theresa, who we learn is his mom. She starts scrolling through her phone looking for our reservation because she didn't know that we were coming. I had made my reservation over the phone but they did email me a confirmation, so I pulled it up on my phone for her to see. *Bring proof of your cabin confirmation!*

We then had to wait an hour for them to clean it, so we went and waited down to the beach area of the property. Spider Lake is very nice and the beach area is clean, but it is TINY. There is only room for about 8 people on it. They do have kayaks on property that you can use for free so that was nice.

The large cabin is BEAUTIFUL. Very spacious and two full bathrooms which was very nice and we didn't run out of hot water. You can't see the water from the cabin because of trees, but it is nice to be away from the other cabins for privacy. There is a dumpster on property which is an attractant for wildlife so be careful. I would recommend that if you stay in this particular cabin you ask them to keep the garage closed because the garage has a door to the cabin.

Overall I was very happy with the cabin itself, and it's not too far from downtown Traverse City, so I would stay there again. Theresa was very apologetic and I did appreciate that she cared about our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jessiestacks
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed a long weekend at the Windjammer....we were there August 22 - 26 which was a perfect time. Weather was fantastic - cabin was very clean and neat - Theresa & Keith were very friendly and always available if needed. We fell in love with Michigan as a result of our trip and would highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David Nancy F
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband, adult daughter and I headed up to Spider Lake this past weekend for some rest and relaxation. The lake is absolutely beautiful and I hope to return soon. The Windjammer cabins are clean and well supplied and the grounds are well maintained. The kayaks and paddle boats are accessible for all and it was great fun to get out on the lake. For family reunions or families with young children, this would definitely be a 5 star resort as the cabins, grounds and beach are set up perfectly for children and family groups.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dablakes
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our group of 5 had a fantastic time at the Windjammer Resort on Spider Lake. The cabin was very clean and comfortable. Theresa and Keith were more than hospitable and friendly to our group! The whole area is very clean and organized. They create a relaxed, friendly, and comfortable environment! This was my second vacation there and I plan for more in the future!
Lori G.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at Windjammer Resort in June. We rented a few cabins for family and friends. We especially enjoyed the nightly gatherings around the firepit with the beautiful views of the Spider Lake and the moon. We got plenty of use of the kayaks.The managers, Theresa and Keith, made us feel so welcome. We couldn't of asked for a better time. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I just returned from the Windjammer on Spider Lake. My family had an absolutely GREAT weekend. The accommodations were excellent and the service was wonderful. We were each greeted by Theresa and made very comfortable and welcome. She couldn't have been a better host. She was very aware of our needs and actually anticipated them before we could say anything.
I would definitely recommend this resort to others and in fact, already have. We had two cabins and both were very clean and well stocked.
Thank you to Theresa and her family for all their hard work. You made our vacation a delight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family