“Great experience -- Great Hotel”

Comfort Inn Traverse City
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 2, 2010

My wife and I traveled to Traverse City to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary, and chose the Comfort Inn to stay for our visit . We chose this hotel based on a previous experience with a Choice Hotel in Pennsylvania last year. The Traverse City Comfort Inn is centrally located and makes a good jump off point for all of the Traverse City attractions. The hotel is fairly new. We arrived early and were permitted to check-in. We had a very nice room -- a King Jacuzzi room. Our room was quite spacious, and very clean. It was tastefully appointed with a 40" flat-screen TV, fridge, microwave and coffee-maker, and I thought the layout of the jacuzzi and tub worked quite well. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet. The hotel provided a full breakfast. Personally, I liked the biscuits/gravy with bacon/eggs! The food was tasty and very well prepared. Although the breakfast room was a little tight, my wife and I were comfortable and enjoyed the food. The ladies servicing the breakfast area kept the food coming, and made sure that things were clean and orderly. The hotel has ample parking, an indoor pool and hot tub, and a fitness center. Although we did not take advantage of the pool or fitness facilities, they appeared to be clean and well maintained. The one things that impressed me the most was the excellent staff. Everyone we met or talked with was professional and service oriented. Many of them, from housekeeping to management to facilities maintenance -- were kind enough to wish my wife and I a Happy Anniversary. The hotel manager took it a step further by giving my wife and I a bouquet of fresh flowers in our room. This was an exceptionally nice touch which pleased my wife. She got to keep the flowers and vase which are sitting today (a couple of days after our visit) on a table in our home in Battle Creek. All in all, we had a great time in Traverse City, and a great stay at the Comfort Inn! One last thing -- I am an active member of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE), and was able to get a great rate saving about $40 on a two-day stay. Thanks, Choice Hotels!!!

1  Thank penguinhunter

Reviewed July 1, 2010

We only stayed one night but, it was wonderful. Rooms clean and very large rooms to move about. Breakfast area was clean and staff took care of all the food and made sure it was well stocked. I look forward to another visit at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Higgins100
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Traverse in December and we both agreed after our stay that it was one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in. The free, hot breakfast (and there's a lot of food to choose from) was delicious! We stayed in a room with a whirlpool tub right near our bed. I thought that might be strange, but it was actually very relaxing and if I may say so...divinel! The room was nice and clean! The hot tub located by the pool on the first floor was very warm and nice. We received great customer service from all of the hotel employees. The manager (I can't find my information with his name) was extremely helpful and gave us a great rate for our two night stay. We would not hesitate to stay here again, and we give this establishment a BIG thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlsings
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Stayed here a week ago and loved it. Hotel was very clean. Room was imaculate, and staff was very friendly. Close to everything in town.....even the beautiful bay (which I just love). Price was right for this clean of a place. Going back in two weeks to stay the whole weekend....bringing my daughter and her friend. They will love the fact that the pool is open 24 hours!! The breakfast was great. Had bacon, eggs and toast!!! (had much more than that to offer). Couldn't believe it for a hotel breakfast. Definately recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank tmfrost1
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Second stay in a year and again the service was exemplary. Thanks, Allison, for all the information you gathered regarding late night dining during the week.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank PGIOmi
Reviewed June 3, 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful. After 10pm at night we didn't hear any hallway noise or noise from adjoining rooms (though we stayed during the week, I'd imagine there could possibly be some noise on the weekends). They have a 24-hour pool, 24-hour gym, and a free breakfast that is better then some more expensive hotels I've stayed at. Also, all rooms have a 40-inch TV with a wide variety of channels. The price was great compared to some of the other hotels in the area, and it was a short drive away from Front St and other attractions in the area.

There really is only one negative that I can think of. We accidental booked a room on their site with a handicap accessible shower, and because of the way the curtain hangs past the edge of the shower area it completely soaks the bathroom floor regardless of how careful you are.

1  Thank Sutekh
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Comfort Inn on Munson Ave. is our favorite place to stay in Traverse. It is updated with great beds and flat screen TV. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast is great. All the staff is friendy and very helpful. We are retired and often do short trips during the week when the rates are lower. It is not on the water but if it was it would cost more:-)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple